• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

New Year's Resolutions

Alright, it's that time of year again. Yep, it's that day of the year that we go look in the mirror and make promises to ourselves about the year ahead. So, I guess I'll start it off and feel free to post yours below.

I'm only making 5 this year. This year I resolve...

To love and be loved.

To visit 5 countries I haven't visited yet.

To get my first 3 books finished.

To forgive myself for the past and only look to the future.

To get back in shape and stay that way.

I love it, bro. Thanks for sharing these. I'm currently at the beach with 2 of my best friends. We're going back through all the events of 2013 to get a bird's eye view of what has happened in the past year, then I plan on going through 20 of the major things I want to happen in the next year. Going through the feeling of each one, visualizing how each is going to feel. Getting super intentional. It's exciting! Such a powerful exercise to get clear on how we want our lives to be and to take action from that place!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Aww, blister buddy! Love these :)

I haven't yet put in as much thought about what I need to make of 2014 as I need to, but I'll give you 5 for 5!

To manage my time better.

No more snooze button! Lectures can't attend themselves.

To not be afraid of pursuing love (if I get a disclosure post up here at some point this year, successful or not, I'll consider that progress on this one haha)

To practice mindfulness always, in my friendships and with strangers.

Abs! (I've got a long way to go on this one :P)

Happy New Year!

Dr H ... To not be afraid of pursuing love (if I get a disclosure post up here at some point this year, successful or not, I'll consider that progress on this one haha)

Consider this part of your medical "education" so you can empathize more with your patients when they are freaking out after diagnosis ;)

@thisisgoingtobeokay

I am SOOO proud of you for this one!!! Rock it chica!!!

For me:

To be open to love - and to stop being a magnet for guys on the Rebound. (Every time I hear that song "Rebound Chick" by Nelson Freitas I cringe!)

To continue to create a more positive world for us "Positive" folks ... my goal is to find some way to get a "Positive" ad campaign in the works to educate the public.

To get the HELL out of Novice in my West Coast Swing dance comps.... 5 years is long enough dammit!

In 2014:

I will run my first full marathon.

I will complete my first half of the year at Boston pace.

I will get my personal trainer certification.

I will spend more time with friends.

I will continue to prioritize my quest for a joyful soul.