• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Condom recommendations?

Orngpeelmafia

idk what it has been, but my boyfriend and I have gotten so close since my disclosure. It felt like forever before we even cuddled but he has opened up to me so much and I know that opening up amd talking about his feelings is very hard for him to do. He has always been so closed off. Any who I completely agree disclosure has only made things better!

When you disclose...and this is all my opinion!...if you do it when you're at a good place with yourself and you're disclosing to someone at the right time there's nothing to worry about. Disclosing opens up communication...it forces you and your partner to be completely honest and vulnerable with each other. I'm not afraid to talk to my boyfriend about anything because of how well disclosing went with him. We had many talks and each one bonded us closer together and made me realize I made the right choice in trying to date him :)

The way I look at it, rejection sucks but I'd rather take the chance and disclose because the guys that rejected me let me tell you the pain and hurt I felt then is drops in a bucket compared to the deep well of trust and happiness I've found. If this relationship ends and I have to start over at least I have the knowledge of how I want to build my relationships: with a foundation of trust and open communication forever and always.

Honestly I agree... Even though my disclosure story is different.. && I didn't wait to tell my boyfriend. I told him 5 minutes after I found out. && I was balling and telling him that he didn't want me.. He said " Don't warp it into your head that I don't want you." && "You told me this I know how hard it is.." But I didn't want to have to hold it in and explain why I was crying randomly.. Or none of that. He was the biggest part of me getting over this. I remember I would tell him for three days straight that he didn't want me.. I remember he was just throwing love at me.. Finally I was like " Ugh.. Okay love me.." I didn't want to cry any more. I didn't want to let the stigma get to me..

3-4 days after I found out.. I gave up. He was trying to love me unconditionally through all this and he was there and is still here since the day I and we found out that I have herpes.. & we have no secrets.. We are so close. He is still here for me to this day. I could have never been as okay with this as I am now if it wasn't for him..

I also wouldn't have found the guy that I am falling head over heels for and continuing to fall head over heels for every single day.