• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Need some advice

Since Christmas day I have been having issues with what I think is herpes presenting itself. I went to the doctor and they swabbed the reddened areas but it came be negative for herpes. I have had a lot of tingling and nerve pain as well. The nerve pain has subsided but the tingling sensations continue. When I was at the dr. I requested a prescription of acyclovir to take daily just in case these symptoms were herpes related and because I have started dating someone so I thought it would be a good idea anyway. The dr did say that I have vaginal atrophy (from menopause) which can cause all kinds of discomfort BUT I don't think it creates tingling. So I have been taking the Acyclovir for almost two weeks and have been taking B12 for about a week and now tonight I think I am getting a very small bump on my labia and it is a little uncomfortable. I have been under a lot of stress as I am starting a new job and I am really stressed about telling this new guy in my life about h but I thought the Acyclovir would have helped! I am in tears and just wanting to give up.

First step is to breath! Everything will turn out ok. I promise :)

You can try getting the blood test as well. If a bump is appearing I would go in and have that swabbed too. It's not the end of the world, even if it may seem so at first. Herpes tends to pop up for me when I am really stressed, or if I have been sick. We are all here to listen and help you as best we can.

((HUGS))

Bookworm

Thanks for the words of encouragement :). I did have a blood test and am positive for hsv2 and that was three years ago. It is a long story but initially I had horrible irritation but they maintained I was not having an outbreak, when they did a blood test it indicated that it was not a current outbreak but I really do not believe that. Anyway I have been having a lot of prodome (sp?) symptoms and irritation which was swabbed and came back negative. I thought that the acyclovir and B12 would trump my very stressed mind, it must not work that way.

Your p-symptoms won't come back positive if swabbed because it's just your bodies way of telling you herpes is trying to start a show in your lady bits but your body is saying no :)

I offered this suggestion somewhere else on this forum but I really do believe it works...start up a hobby...and for an hour a day allow your mind to not focus on your stresses. I started reading but have now moved to knitting and the concentration I put into knitting keeps me from thinking about all my life drama. It gives my body a break from my brain and allows it to relax. The less you stress the easier it will be for you body to keep herpes at bay and the less symptoms you will see. Also don't stress when you start feeling something out of the normal but start listening to your body because what you may be experiencing isn't herpes but something else :)

<3 love and good vibes