• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Laser Hair Removal...

I think this has been discussed befor but i cant remember who posted it..

have u ever done lazer treatments before? If so i wouldnt worry..

If you havent i think ur safest bet is to take a lil extra dose of antivirals the day before andthe day of maybe too..

LOL my friend did it and said it felt like getting a tattoo on her vagina.. She never finished the treatments! But I'd just double up on meds to be safe! I was actually considering getting implants and now I'm not sure if my body can handle it for the same reasons

I've had a different laser treatment and to me it felt like someone was popping a rubber band against my skin every time it went off. So a lot will depend on your ability to zone out of the repeated snapping, and if you can get the numbing cream, all the better.

I agree, I don't think it poses a huge threat to an OB but I'd take extra anti-viral just in case ;)

OK - I talked to the people in the office across from mine that does Medical Aesthetics and they said that laser *can* cause OB's because it's irritating the area .... same with certain treatments to the face (including peels) for anyone with oral HSV1. It's not a definite that it will occur (as @lost250 can attest) but it's worth knowing that the possibility is there ... so if you are on anti-virals, and you are easily triggered, I'd definitely double up :)