• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes transmission: Skin to skin?

So, most of us here know that H is transmitted skin to skin, but honestly I am not quite sure to what extent that is a risk outside of genital to genital/genital.

If I am not having an ob and my penis touches my partner's breast, ankle, wrist or some other body part not considered a typical herpes "region", what kind of risk am I exposing a H- partner to by doing this? Is the buttock (far away from the genital/anal region) a sensitive area? I'm a "butt man" who enjoys to play with a nice, "full bodied", nice to grab kinda butt. :) What are the risks there?

I have GHSV2, so mostly interested in that aspect, but please share whatever information there is in general regarding skin to skin.

This is what the herpes org has to say about it:

The virus is passed directly from the affected area of skin, by direct skin to skin contact, with friction, when the virus is present. It enters easily through mucous membranes, i.e. the moist skin inside the mouth and genital-anal area. Sometimes it gets into ordinary skin, on other parts of the body, but there needs to be a cut or break in the skin. This can be the fingers/hands, knees, etc., if these come into direct contact with the affected area of another person.

From that I would say you are good to go. (Assuming you mean rubbing ON the butt, NOT between the cheeks)

You're hilarious, ihaveittoo. ;)

You might want to check out this article so you can get an understanding of the preferences that HSV-1 and HSV-2 have:

http://herpeslife.com/hsv-1-hsv-2-types-of-herpes/

You can also download the free e-book and handouts that break all the possibilities of transmission down: http://herpeslife.com/free-ebook

(But the vast majority of all herpes cases are on or around the mucous membranes: genitals, anus, mouth)

It's not as easy to pass herpes as you may be assuming. Not every wave of that magic stick you got manifests herpes transmission. ;)

The sweet spot I always say is to be careful, but not paranoid. My last girlfriend and I were together for 3 years and she never got herpes. (And to be fair, you can find other examples where herpes was passed the very first time someone had sex.) The point is, you can minimize the risk of passing herpes by developing better and better body awareness and avoiding sex whenever it doesn't feel quite right.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

one thing to note, shaving in the area of interest, BOTH partners. it should be done the day before as it causes micro cuts, even when there are no noticeable cuts and they can heal. I have no doubt that's how I got mine given the area of concern. now I use a beard trimmer set to the lowest setting, give a nicely quaffed area but no nicks ( yikes) nor micro cuts. unfortunately given the status of my love life im currently sporting a 70s manfro . bow chicka bow wow.