• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Posibilities of getting herpes whitlow from fingering and ocular herpes?

If I dont use valtrex and my bf fingers me what are the possibilities of hsv2 getting in his on finger? Also he uses contact lenses and I am scared to hell out of me :( If he gets whitlow then forget and touches his eyes :( ıt could be worse!!! Also he could lose his sight cause of this! Very paranoid I know but so scared :(

The big thing is to make sure he doesn't finger you if you have an OB ... ESPECIALLY if he has a hangnail or any kind of cut to the area ... and I'd be cautious if he has sores like that anyway ... at least until you totally know your body and your prodromes.

The vast majority of Ocular Herpes occurs in children ... they get the sores on their lips and being kids, they pick and poke at everything. Standard decent hygine practices should keep your BF's eyes safe. I was married for 20 yrs ... knew NOTHING about ocular herpes and my ex never got it ... NOR did he get Whitlow and he gets finger fissures (where the skin dries and cracks) all the time ;)