• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I had sex with a guy and did not disclose

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I already told you earlier - if your result is under 3.5, and you have no symptoms, then you should do the Western Blot test because 40% of those tested who have no symptoms have a false positive result.

You shouldn't be taking medication for H until you have a confirmed result from the WB if your result is under 3.5.

Contact Westover Heights Clinic (info below) if your result is under 3.5 - and pass this info on to the clinic you are going to if they try to tell you that you need to be on medication if your result is under 3.5...tell them they need to get their info updated and that WH will educate them....

U of W Western Blot http://depts.washington.edu/herpes/faq.php#faqCat-3

Westover Heights Clinic,http://westoverheights.com/ (503) 226-6678 ... they can order the test for you through Quest Labs. It costs $5/minute for a consult … cheap IMO for clarity and/or peace of mind

Burning sensations can be Bacterial Vaginosis, Yeast Infections or an allergic reaction to something coming in contact with the area... it's not just Herpes that causes that.

OR it could be prodromes.

AND... if you have Herpes, as we have said, your life (including your sex life) is FAR from over. You will just need to have the kind of conversation with every partner that you *should* be having anyway about STD's and safe sex... and you will learn a LOT about the other person by the way they react :)

And if you don't have H, then you've had a good life lesson and hopefully you will learn from it :)

im bummed. at this point I kind of learned to accept it and theres rele no sadness or crying on my part anymore, but damn!. I just feel. like smh! n kind of disappointing.

sooo! they said I can take the suppressive medicine or the one wen u have episodes. I told the lady I haven't even had an OB yet. to this day. (lucky me)

so I just told her to give me the one when u have episodes.

did I make the right decision???

Your number means you've had it more than 4 months. The 3.5 was in relation to when you were saying the u were asymptomatic. Since you are above 3.5 and are asymptomatic, its not a false positive.

I have no idea the highest number, but it doesn't matter, since you're above 3.5. A positive result onky means you've had the infection 3-4 months already. Won't tell how far back it goes.

It's what's beat for you. Some like to take suppression for when they're in a relationship or engaging in casual sex, to let their partners know they are adding additional protection for them.

Supressive therapy is when you take 500mg to 1 gram of Valtrex a day in your case. The medication is supposed to help build up your system to help to ward off an outbreak. Valtrex is an anti-viral. This medication also cuts down on the risks of transmitting the virus to another person when having intercourse or giving oral if you had HSV on your mouth. There are a couple other medications also out there. Valtrex and its generic valacyclovir are taken once a day. I hope this helps.

Oh i havent had my medicine picked up yet lmao sorry. But will let u know

And question! Sorry. I have so many

Theres three types of medicine

Valtrex

Famvir

And

Zovirax

Can u do suppresive therapy for all of them or only valtrex ?... Like takinh (taking more mg) (or pills)

N like i said she put me on valtrex when i have episodes...but whats the difference between the three medications? Whats good about this one n bad for this one.?