• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Has anybody else had issues with this?

Hello! I've been taking acyclovir every day since June with the exception of a three week break. I'm starting to notice that my hair is a little thinner on top. I'm thinking of weaning myself off the acyclovir and keeping the pills around for an emergency. What would be the best course of action?

Is hair loss a common side effect while taking acyclovir?! I just started taking this drug, and my hair is already super thin and fine to begin with....I couldn't begin to fathom losing any of my hair either...

• 2 years later...

I have read something somewhere about hair loss & acyclovir before.

Personally I think taking any drug everyday for life is going to have some ramifications , that's why I don't think anyone should do it,
think its best to have breaks from the drug now & again.

8 hours ago, Stupida said:

@Amando I am trying to hear from those who suffered hair loss and recovered from it off of the antivirals. I hear about people losing hair, but no one is mentioning whether it has stopped and filled back in.

i am trying to find personal experiences with its use.

I agree with @Amando the antivirals are horrible on your body. I decided to come off them too. I think not just the side effects of hair loss but other side effects. Your body needs to be boosted by its immune system to help keep the outbreaks off and your diet as well is huge. Hope u find your answers @Stupida