• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes therapeutic drug on clinical trials?

I have heard great things over the internet by a participant. She is in week 2 of phase II and has nothing but good things to report. Her post can be found on Terri Warren's page @med help and also supportgroups.com. In addition, a particpant by the username paralee (I think) also has had great things to say. I looked at clinicaltrials.gov and there is still open enrollment in Oregon,Indiana,Texas and Washington. I signed and would encourage everyone to. There is also a promising new drug from Vical that should start clinical trials later this year. The only down side is getting a pharmaceutical company to join/sell. With 3 new vaccines in trials they may wait to see which preforms best.

This is a petition to fast track it and get it on the market. The FDA needs to approve the drug before it sells. In addition, funding is needed to produce/sell product (pharmaceutical companies) Vical is a company also working on. A vaccine that will start clinical trials. A lot of the hold up is due to $$$

These are the top 3 contenders- it may turn into a waiting game and funding before any drug hits the market. Unless, government steps in fast tracks vaccine like they did when H1N1( swine flu) made its debut. That vaccine fast tracked in less than a year I believe.

Don't quote me on anything tho! I'm new to all of this and am just researching.

Its superior to Valtrex from my understanding. They are measuring OB's and shedding while on Pritelivir. So far, the posts that I have read, participantss report no "symptoms" they don't know about silent shedding (the clinic conducting the trial has that information) after the trial. All that information will be released and I believe that based on the outcome will determine moving foward to phase III. That should include 1000's of participants.

Dr. Bill Halford is the only one I read about looking to create a vaccine (like chicken pox vaccine) but modern day medicine has moved away from using live virus to vaccinate people (why? I'm not sure, too risky? Not sure. The chicken pox vaccine was created with live virus) his research seems promosing but no one is standing behind him and his research (more grants needed) its worked in the past. He's estimating 10+ years.

It's coming... God is good. The results aren't in. We just need to wait. A quote that helps me everyday "if we spend time worrying about tomorrow, we're wasting today"

Things happen for a reason and worrying about your past and the future is wasting today. I've had really bad days for the past month. Highs and lows all days - nobody wants to deal with this but there are people out there just like us. We're really not that "different" some people have HSV some HPV some HIV and some all three! No one asks for it. I am just hoping that one day when I'm old drinking coffee with friends we can all sit and laugh about how ridiculous the fear of herpes was. If we can get to stay dormant and not transmit it will phase out. Unless the dipshits that passed it to us don't medicate themselves and keep spreading it. I'm not afraid of HSV. I'm afraid of passing it. Chin up :) brighter days are ahead of us!

Ya I'm totally not afraid of it either. I really don't think I've had an ob since my dx. but I'm single so I'm not taking the meds right now so I can really listen to and learn my body so I can tell when one is coming. but what has me really freaked out the last few days is reading that h opens up the gates for hiv and that absolutely terrifies me.

Here's a new finding (just 3 days ago!): http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130325160231.htm

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

And in the meantime (because trust me, over the years, there have been MANY of these kinds of hopes out there for a cure/treatment), the way for us to actually overcome the stigma is to accept it for ourselves. Be contagious. Spread knowledge. Spread acceptance. Spread love. Spread okayness. That's what the herpes opportunity is all about. We don't have to wait for a cure for that to happen now.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: