• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The worst case scenario: a tale of a broken vagina.

It didn't have an amount, I was guesstimating.

I guess it would make sense. What you ingest does have an effect on your body. And I have read that water and food intake alters vaginal pH. The theory of it all is hard to swallow though (pun intended).

I just went and researched it. It is thought to be a pH issue. Avoid soap, semen, and sugar. Doesn't that sound fun?

Hahahahaha an interesting experiment for some poor soul/ willing participant out there!

I also have zero interest in testing this theory and will HAPPILY live with a semen sensitivity if this is my only option.

HAPPILY. FOREVER. 100%.

(P.S.: can you IMAGINE the ethical clearance application involved with this study?!?!)

@MMissouri - that's what I thought about the article, replace 'semen' with just 'sex' or maybe 'human contact' and that article actually makes sense

Interesting about the PH, I knew about the soap + sugar problems, but didn't realise semen was in that group - the 3 S's, easy enough!

What I use to help with PH is apple cider vinegar, I try to drink it everyday and sometimes bath in it too - also a much better more palatable approach than drinking semen? Hahah

Also, so much lol at how this discussion has progressed...

Eels67- I have to admit I didn't think about ethical clearance, I was stuck on the wonder of what type of applicants would even join this study! They'd have to be.. er..quite hungry lol

Yes, vaginal pH is acidic- pH range of 3.5-4.5 and semen is alkaline-7.8-8.1 so that's a pretty big difference in pH.

When we were talking about this i decided to google. I know, I know. Anyway- I thought I'd share an article I ran into just for laughs. I got those three "S" from this. Google- "Your vagina is a tomato". LOL!!

Sometimes I wish this forum had an open chat!

Hahahahahahaha Personal mantra: my vagina is a tomato.

@MMissouri oh my gosh this is such a good article!! - "but it’s not supposed to smell like floral rain. It’s supposed to smell like your vagina." Truer words have never been spoken. Everything said here makes SO much sense. I don't understand why gynys haven't told me all this before...?

@hippyherpy have a read - I think it explains the sensitivity thing really well.

http://persephonemagazine.com/2011/10/your-vagina-is-a-tomato-three-ways-to-maintain-healthy-vaginal-ph-and-avoid-vaginitis/

@eels67 I enjoyed the read too. Glad you liked it. I agree it makes sense! And I've actually mentioned to an OB/GYN that I seem to have issues with sperm. They looked at me funny! Like- "okay.. moving on.."

Wha? You mean i can't smell like flower petals? Joking. I thought that was a very true statement also. I just might have to try the soap she recommended!

• 4 months later...

I've been recently diagnosed and reading this made me feel better, not because of all the pain you were in, but because I was in a lot of the same pain. I had the pains in my legs and back and even though my outbreak is gone I'm still having trouble peeing. Sadly, I unknowingly gave it to my partner and that has caused me so much guilt on top of everything. I wish I would have known and had a choice from whoever gave it to me