• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sounds weird, but I can't wait til the day I disclose herpes

So, as of now I'm sort of taking this dating thing pretty... organically (aren't all good things organic nowadays anyhow ;). Just sort of seeing who comes around that seems interesting and I've been working and traveling so much lately that I haven't dated in weeks .. not that long I know haha. But, yeah... you know.. I know many people here may be scared to disclose but honestly I can't wait to disclose! It means .. I've FOUND someone! Someone worthy and amazing and attractive and smart and artistic and funny and honest and.. makes me feel excited again and well need I say more? I can't wait until I found that stunning person errr really stunning personality that makes me say yeah.. can't let this one go because of my fear.

Yep, that's what it's all about. Disclosing simply means that you've found someone that you trust with your vulnerability and want to take the relationship to the next level. That IS exciting! :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

My heart is so full knowing that there are others that see the value in this simple but powerful logic and emotion. Blessings to you all! Think of it this way.. When we didn't have our skin condition... Weren't we still hoping for the same? A worthy partner .. Makes ya think ;) And, on another level.. At least in having this commonality.. We are no longer looking for love in all the wrong ways and places.. Cheers to getting it right this time around ;)

Ah, there are so many of us on the side of Herpes as an opportunity. And you're one of 'em, nic. It's so beautiful to see this community to continue growing so much. My heart is full, too, seeing all of you seeing the positive, beautiful sides of ourselves and seeing you all supporting one another in our shared humanity.

Here's to the courage to be vulnerable in being ourselves and the depth and connection that come after. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Couldn't agree more! I definitely had my stage of bitter and "poor me" feelings but the mer dating experiences I have post-diagnosis the more I realize it's a great way to weed out the good guys VS the bad guys so to speak. And it's definitely great to think of it as you are! I'm actually thinking about disclosing to the person I've been seeing the past couple weeks because I feel like it's starting to go in a more serious direction and have been really fearful cause I can't really gauge how he'll take it. But I'll definitely keep this in mind, at least it means I have a potential future with this person and they're important enough to tell. And if it doesn't work out and they can't be open minded enough to deal with it, then they aren't "the one" anyways. Thank you so much for this post!

Carly .. I'm so happy reading your post. It's such an amazing step and I'm glad it's happening for you! My new motto is if he's kind and I feel it.. Ill disclose. Otherwise, it's back to the drawing board. If he's kind ., hell accept you. He may not choose you as a lover but hell be kind enough to be a friend. And, to me .. That's the most important of all. Good luck! Please keep me and us posted!! Best blessings for the both of you!! :)