• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

One foot out of the closet

hope75

Ok, so I'm not advertising on a bill board, but I decided to take one step out of my closet and add a picture....

I've told two friends and had positive responses and after reading and being inspired by the two brave ladies and their recent closet posts, I decided to go for it one step further . Two months ago I didn't dare post on here in case anyone I knew stumbled across it and recognised me. Now I'm more embarrassed that people I know will read one of my earlier posts which are like emotional vomit spilled out in a jumble of words, rather that the fact that I have H. Or the fact that they will discover I have a secret addiction to quotes !! ( sorry guys for clogging that thread, I just cant help my self. Its on a level with my shoe addiction !! :-) ). As well as H I also have dyslexia so apologies for any crappy spellings ,( but that doesn't make me thick, just like H doesn't make me dirty!! )

Any way that's me, I am now off for a run....because I can ... Happy Sunday everyone, you are all fabulous xx

Yay, Hope! Look at you bein' all sweet-lookin'! Now I get to see your face when you talk on these boards. ;)

Here's to you being more and more you. Owning every bit of your shadow allows you to more fully own your ever-brightening light.

"... but that doesn't make me thick, just like herpes doesn't make me dirty!" I love it. :)

Welcome more into the light of day ... Big hugs to you.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thanks for your words of encouragement, it means so much to me :-)

The picture was taken in July this year at my graduating from teaching school party ! I remember it well, because about two weeks previous I was diagnosed. I was having a terrible break out that evening, so it was a very bitter sweet moment. I remember thinking, this should be one of the most happiest times in my life and it was overshadowed by sadness.. ! NO MORE !! the picture is a reminder to my self to never let this thing overshadow my happiness !!

WCS I hope you didn't think I was critiquing your coming out with my billboard comment. I really admire your bravery

Adrial I'm so glad I found you, you are a very special human being :-)

well maybe Ill be brave enough for the billboard at some point. Baby steps for now. Thanks again for your words of wisdom and encouragement. I've being walking around with a smile on my face since yesterday.

And I have now got James Brown " " I feel Good" going on in my head !! owwwww I may even put it on, not listened to that album in years :-)

Aw, look at this ... Our H Opp family stepping out more and more. I like it. Nice to see more and more smiling faces on the profiles. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...