• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

This.Is.Beautiful. Get the tissues out.

Wow! Talk about moving!! Thank you for sharing!!

Two days ago I was having a really rough day with my H, and randomly one of the workers here at work started texting me. He then mentioned to me that he used to have cancer. I had no clue this guy had been through that. He went on to explain that it was so bad the doctors didn't give him much of a chance and had him say goodbye to his family before surgery because they were hopeful, but it was so risky. Surprisingly enough he made it through surgery and then had to follow up with chemo and radiation. I asked him how he made it through all of that and he simply said "I stayed positive, there was never a doubt in my mind that I would make it through." 5 years later he is cancer free, working hard, and a very happy man. I then took a step back and realized that I was allowing something as small as a skin condition beat me to the ground, and this man didn't allow life threatening cancer affect him one bit. I now will look forward to the beautiful future I have ahead, because H is not life threatening and H will not control my life!!

I'm sorry to get so off subject, but this video reminded me of this story and I just had to share and hope that this helps all of you as much as it helped me!!

Hugs to all of you and thank you for this beautiful video Dancer!!

I then took a step back and realized that I was allowing something as small as a skin condition beat me to the ground, and this man didn't allow life threatening cancer affect him one bit. I now will look forward to the beautiful future I have ahead, because H is not life threatening and H will not control my life!!

THAT is why I posted this :)

I talked about that also. My friend from elementary is battling leukemia. She has an open mind. She is still in school, she is still doing the things she wants to do with a huge smile on her face.. If she can keep her head up, then who am I to let H not allow me to be happy ?

I feel as if that is selfish, I started to think as if I was very lucky in this situation.

I love this, Dancer!

When we start opening our eyes to what life is, with all it's pain and all it's beauty, this kind of inspiration is everywhere. What used to be cliches become real experiences.

Here's another blog along these same lines:

http://herpeslife.com/david-roche-from-shame-to-self-acceptance/

Victoria, just remind yourself that everyone has their struggles. No amount of comparison on whose is better or worse can take us away from the beautiful fact that we are all human ... With all our love and all our pain. That's what pulls us all together in our shared humanity.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: