• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

found this website with realistic pictures of herpes

Hi

found this: http://earthwindandherpes.tumblr.com/tagged/expression-progress

its a 'nice' herpes site...ofcourse H opp is the best! :) but i thought id point it out...as its got pics of H actually looks....not those awful pics on google images....obviously each person is unique....but I Just thought it may be a good resource for disclosure or just in general...to give a more realistic view?

X

It's not that google is a liar - a lot has to do with which photos get clicked on the most - the more clicks, the higher it rates...and of course people will click on the worst ones first. Some people DO have horrid OB's like that...usually because their immune system is shot (on Chemo, auto-immune disorder, etc)

Cute site... I'll pass it on to Adrial in case he doesn't see this. Might be useful for him to have a few similar photos for reference for people to pass on..

Heya!

I agree it's unfortunate that the worst pictures bubble up to the top. It's just a reflection of what seems to be a "worst case scenario" worry amongst most people who first get herpes. It's all about the psychology of comparison, "keeping up with the joneses" and the like. It's human nature, and it can certainly be detrimental to our perception of ourselves if we blindly follow that urge to compare.

And here's exactly that kind of blog post I wrote a while back:

http://herpeslife.com/pictures-of-genital-herpes/

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Ah, my pleasure. Thank you for the kind words, AMT. Always warms my heart to hear that kind of feedback. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for posting that link. I have been struggling with acceptance partly because the "outbreak" that I had didn't look like one because all I have ever seen (thanks to Google) looked nothing like mine. I have also been in denial about it, because of that.

Thank you for sharing the link again. It really helped me out in some ways :)