• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Looking for an H buddy, I have HSV1 & 2+ vaginally

Hi guys. I don't know what to do with myself. The only care advice my doc has given is preventative meds and acyclovir ointment. Everything else I have read online. I take 3mg of l-lysine now daily along with Acyclovir pills. I have anxiety and IDK if that is a factor. I'm also overweight and wondering if that contributes to friction. Laying down with an ice pack on my crotch now. Can't exercise or it hurts. Looking for a seasoned vet who has overcome similar issues.

@Diane @Lovenhope I am also very new to this and slowly learning how to live with herpes. Not sure if you got chance to look into the videos by Adrial (founder of this platform) in youtube. You can search with herpes opportunity and you will find all the videos. The videos are really good.

Also do you have any local support group where people meet? 

@Diane & @Lovenhope please post in the H Buddies thread itself and feel free to direct message folks in that thread to seek out buddies/mentors. I also offer private one-on-one Skype coaching if that feels like a good fit for you; more details at www.adriallifecoaching.com

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hello! I just wanted to tell you that taking lysine daily might not be a great idea. My doctor has a patient that has taken this daily for years and if they miss one pill they have an outbreak. It’s almost like the body becomes reliant on it. It might be best to get lysine through foods or take the pills only when having an actual outbreak.

2 hours ago, Melissa said:

Hello! I just wanted to tell you that taking lysine daily might not be a great idea. My doctor has a patient that has taken this daily for years and if they miss one pill they have an outbreak. It’s almost like the body becomes reliant on it. It might be best to get lysine through foods or take the pills only when having an actual outbreak.

Yes I read the same on a site rewiewing side effects of lysine pills as a suppressive therapy 

I’m new to this and I’m just getting to the end of my first outbreak. Any advise as to when I can start having sex after taking Valtrex and my lesions are gone? Also what can I change in my daily life to keep this dormant?  Still need to meet and get tested by my obgyn. What kind of test can they do to let me know if it is hsv 1 or 2??? 

If you have an open sore then they can do a culture or pcr test by taking sample from your sore. Otherwise they will order for type specific blood test hsv1 and hsv2 igg. Igg antibodies take time to form, generally 16 weeks from exposure. So if you got infected very recently then it may come as negative 

• Thanks 1