• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

fc2... not ma cupa tea

Oki doki.... here it goes..... i need to mumble/rant again

i tried using the fc2... first i was at home by myself just to see how it worked... k got it, shouldnt be a prob!

My bf and i have tried using it 6 times. And i HATE it!! The outter ring always ends up either twisting, or inside, then it hurts,

a week ago i litterally cried... yup, i just said that. I stopped him and took the damn fc2 out and then cried because its frustrating when u want to protect ur partner, and reg condoms turn him off, and female condoms turn me off (or hurt ).

So lately theres been no condoms... (btw.. im allergic to latex too yayyy... not)

Im on birth controll, and valtrex 500gm a day.

And he does kno that theres still risks, cuz i wont be able to affor supressive therapy for long, ( 1month is 40 ish bucks)!!!!

im just worried to pass it or worse.. get pregnant ( and yes for me orego WOULD be worse since i dont want kids)

Is anyone else going thru this? I feel like a nut!

Well, good to get a review of the FC2. I have some waiting trial over here. I'll def. let folks know when I get lucky enough to try them!

I have a solution for the supressive therapy cost. Well, three actually.

#1 - go online and google "Free Prescription Card" - you can get them online for nothing, and they save you up to 60% on the cost of ALL drugs. I think my Acyclovir was maybe $12/month when I was on it.

#2 - try Acyclovir - it's cheaper than Valtrex. Only drawback is you have to take it twice a day (it breaks down faster in the body)

#3 - maybe your BF could help with the cost? I assume he'd pay for his condoms, so it might be an idea if he helps pay for the cost of a drug that is protecting HIM ;)

Between the 3 things I think you can at least get the suppressive therapy issue taken care of.

And one thing you may want to pass on to the BF. This is something I feel VERY strongly about. If HE doesn't want to be a baby-daddy, he may want to re-think his aversion to condoms. It pisses me off that guys just put all the responsibility of pregnancy avoidance onto the woman. My daughter got pregnant on BC, with a guy who is incapable of doing much financially to support the baby (He's over 30, lives with parents now ... they split ... has another child ... recovering from addiction to prescription drugs ... and has a hard time keeping a job .. oh, and he has another kid from a previous relationship). He DARED to say in front of me that he thought she got pregnant on purpose ... and he was luck that we were in a restaurant and the baby was only 2 weeks old so my daughter would have been mortified if I had blasted him then and there but he lost any little support he had from me in that moment. He didn't want a baby, he should have wrapped it up. So that may be something HE may want to think about too... I get it, he hates them. But pregnancy is a sexually transmittable condition so he needs to put that into consideration ;)

(((HUGS)))

Thanks ill look into the online thing. Or acyclovir!!

And being preg is my worry not his, weve only been dating a month and he wants kids in his future but i dont... usually its the other way around eh!! Haha

and he doesnt refuse to use condoms, but most of the time when we go to use one.. well.. lets just say Mr. D. Plays keep away... and then we're tryying to shoot pool with a rope so to speak lol!!!

Acyclovir has been around long enough now that it should have a generic which would make it alot cheaper. They need lots of money to pay for those Valtrex commercials.

There was also a drug called Famvir. I was prescribed Famvir once but I don't think it was very effective for me. I was only getting a 125mg dose as opposed to the 200mg of acyclovir. I had the doctor prescribe Acyclovir the next time around. Acyclovir always seemed to halt an outbreak quickly. The Famvir did not. I believe that I probably needed more than 125mg.

The wife and I tried one of those female condoms once in the days before we tied the knot. Damn thing didn't seem to want to stay where it was supposed to. Thats not a good thing when you want to get real busy.

@Willow ..

Well, I'm guessing he doesn't want children *Now* ... so for now, he needs to do what he can.... and I TOTALLY hear you about "playing with a rope" (*Snort* Hahahahaha!). I dated a guy with ED (even w/o a condom) and I have to say the little blue pill was our friend.....

And I'm taking notes from @Newthings ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience with the Fc2. I have had great success with it but I wish I could give some good advice on how to make it work. I have had no pain and it doesn't twist. My boyfriend cannot function sexually using a condom (a function of age...ugh) so luckily the fc2 has worked really well.

Haha u guys are awsome!

Yep he def wants kids.... rolls his eyes everytime i take my birth controll haha...

I just signed up for a prescription card, had to do a lil more research as the one Dancer suggested isnt available in canada ... booo!

Hope that helps with the cost haha thanks again Dance!!

a little tmi... for now im just stickin too birth control and valtrex and the good ol " im pullin out"!!! Haha ha... ahemm.... sorry... thanks again fir everyones input!!

@kanoa ...

I'd still suggest even with an IUD to use condoms or at least, as willow's BF is doing, pulling out. Anything to help reduce the risk of unwanted pregnancy. I just think it's unfair that the majority of the responsibility falls on us women, and half the time, if the BC fails, the guy doesn't step up ... :(