• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Telling everyone I have HSV2

It's been a week since my diagnosis and you know, surprisingly I am handling this very well. I guess because I know this is something that I can't get rid of, so instead of drowning in guilt and regret, I've decided to accept it and now I want to share it with the rest of my friends and family. I want to educate them about this virus because I'm sure they have NO idea about HSV like we do. They only know what Sex Ed taught us, which isn't a whole lot. I always see my younger cousins and friends posting sexual innuendos on Facebook, they're so wreckless with their bodies and I think to myself "if they only realize how easy it is for them to contract a disease". If I inform them about HSV, my personal experience with it, and how contagious it is, maybe they'll think twice before engaging in sexual activity with a stranger. Part of me (the insecure me who's afraid what everyone will think) is holding back on disclosing this information. The other part of me (strong, optimistic and shameless) wants to tell the world and doesn't care how people will see me for it. I feel almost as if I'm keeping this big bad secret from those that I care about and thats not a good feeling to have. So I wanted to ask you guys before I made my announcement. Should I tell people other than who I'm dating that I have HSV2? Or should this be a personal private matter expressed only to close people in my life?

Quick primer: If it feels good for you to do it, then do it. If it feels not good, don't. :)

The energy behind telling people about herpes is less in communicating "There's this horrible disease you need to watch out for" and more "Hey, I have things in my life that sometimes feel like roadblocks, but I'm realizing they only block me as much as I let them. I'm lovable just the way I am. And you are, too." And that's a beautiful message, sister! ;) You're spreading the message that ALL of us are okay, regardless of what we have. You're spreading love and okayness instead of shame and stigma. And as a byproduct, you're educating people about STDs and to be careful (full of care for themselves).

What an awesome message to spread! I'm fully behind you in this. That's what the H Opp is all about. Let me know if you'd like any support. :) Happy to have a quick Skype chat with you to help you clarify all of this inside yourself.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Heya, first of all, so happy to hear that you are handling everything ok. You remind me of me when I was first diagnosed, so I can tell you that your positivity, forgiveness and acceptance will do you wonders on your journey. This is not to say that it will always be easy, but your attitude will help you through the harder times. As for your question, Adrial is right. There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It will all depend on your level of comfort with who you want to share your diagnosis. I chose to tell all my closest friends, because I knew they would be super supportive and it wouldn't change a thing to them. I can talk to them any time about it, and have been able to educate them as well. I chose not to tell my mother or family, just because I didn't feel it was necessary. It's not life-threatening, and I am handling this very well. If I needed (or need) their support, I know they would be by my side. I just didn't want to worry my mother or family for no reason. There might be a time when I will want to tell them, but otherwise, I feel ok about my decision to not tell them. Hope this helps!

Thank you @Adrial and @PositivelyBeautiful for your replies. I've already told my mother, my sister who is an RN, and a few close friends who don't think any less of me, I think thats what has given me the confidence to want to tell others. Its just that people can be so cruel, and I don't want this newfound confidence shattered by someone with rude, disrespectful remarks and judge me as a dirty, promiscuous person. I just want people to be aware of their bodies and whenever they notice something that just doesn't seem right, go and get tested for their peace of mind and also to know their status. Maybe I have a friend or a family member who is also living with this condition but who is ashamed and doesn't want to come forward about it, and I want them to know its nothing to feel bad about. Its just how our society sees it that makes it seem so bad. I don't really think I am ready just yet, but I can feel my spirit urging me to share this each day, because I think once I finally tell others, it could possibly prevent someone from going through what I've gone through.

Now you can start to understand a bit of my journey, JR. :) All the fear of putting yourself out there. Yes, some will react. Some will not like you one bit. But isn't that life? Regardless of what you do or don't do, some will like you and some won't. Be yourself. Do what inspires you. So many have the potential to be touched, to see themselves in a kinder, more gentle light. They will feel the heart in your message. Feel the love. So yes, you could be rejected. But in the end, will you accept yourself? That's the most important part.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

HI JESSIKA.I'M BEN. I THINK YOU ARE AWESOME FOR WANTING TO EDUCATE PEOPLE ON THIS VERY PRIVATE "PART" OF OUR COMPLICATED LIVES. I'VE HAD IT FOR 30 YEARS. BACK THEN,THE MAIN FOCUS WAS ON AIDS. SO MOST PEOPLE HAD NEVER HEARD OF HERPES (H) "I DON'T LIKE TO USE IT'S FULL NAME,SO (H) IS HOW I REFER TO IT" I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY. I THINK, BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. I WOULD KEEP IT IN YOUR FAMILY. I HAVE TOLD TOO MANY PEOPLE AND HAVE ACTUALLY MOVED OUT OF TOWN TO WIPE THE SLATE CLEAR. EVEN TO GET AWAY FROM MY FAMILY BECAUSE OF THE FEAR OF SOMEHOW PASSING IT TO THEM. LIKE...IF I FORGET TO TAKE A TOWEL OUT OF THE BATHROOM AFTER I'VE USED IT. OR KISSING THEM ON THE CHEEK. I TELL MY FAMILY TO NEVER USE MY TOWELS AFTER I HAVE. AND I TELL THEM THE TOWELS ON THE DOOR ARE FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. MAINLY IN THE CHANCE THAT THEY SHOW UP UNEXPECTED AND I HAVEN'T PULLED MY TOWELS OUT OF THE BATHROOM.ALSO BY TELLING TOO MANY PEOPLE AROUND ME. MY REPUTATION PRECEDED ME. SO MOST OF THE WOMAN WERE STANDOFFISH AROUND ME. AND WOULDN'T EVEN CONSIDER GIVING ME A CHANCE. OVER THE YEARS I'VE FOUND THAT PEOPLE LEARN MORE ABOUT SOMETHING WHEN IT IS HAND WRITTEN DOWN.BY A FAMILY MEMBER. BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO INTERRUPTIONS OR DISTRACTIONS. SO THEY READ IT IN IT'S ENTIRETY. AND CAN REFER TO IT WHEN EVER THEY WANT.

ESPECIALLY FOR THE YOUNGER ONES. IT WILL SINK IN BETTER.

SO IF I WAS YOU.I'D START OUT THE LETTER WITH...""I HAVE A SECRET THAT I WANT TO TELL YOU"" THAT WILL PEEK THEIR CURIOSITY,AND GET THEIR FULL ATTENTION...I'D WRITE DOWN A GENERAL EXPLANATION OF WHAT HERPES IS. AND THAT YOU HAVE IT AND HOW SERIOUS THIS IS.AND YOUR CONCERNS WITH THEM AND THEIR FRIENDS,NOT THINKING ABOUT IT ENOUGH. TELL THEM THAT YOU KNOW SOMEONE LIKE (ME) THAT AFTER CONTRACTING THIS LIFE LONG VIRUS "THAT HAS NO CURE" GOT IT WHEN I WAS 20 YEARS OLD NOW I'M 52.AND HAS NEVER GOTTIN MARRIED AND HAS NO KIDS AND HAS BEEN ALONE MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE,BECAUSE OF HAVING (H) AND IF THEY GET IT,THEY WILL HAVE IT FOREVER THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. ALSO TELL THEM THAT CONDOMS ARE NOT 100% FOOL PROOF PROTECTION. FOR ONE...THEY MIGHT HAVE H IN DIFFERENT AREAS. OR SOMETIMES THEY SLIP OFF. OR GET SHREDDED (BROKEN) DURING THE PROCESS. OR HAVE A COLD SORE AND GIVING OR GETTING ORAL SEX. (THATS HOW IT ORIGINALLY GOT STARTED)

TELL THEM TO ASK POTENTIAL PARTNERS IF THEY ARE CLEAN OF ANY DISEASES EVERY TIME (BEFORE) HAVING SEXT WITH THEM. TELL THEM TO INSPECT THAT AREA FOR RED SPOTS OR SCABS OR RED BLOTCHES.. (EVEN THEIR LIPS FOR COLD SORES (H SIMPLEX I) AND THAT WHEN "THEY" HAVE A COLD SORE THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT "NOT" TO KISS OR HAVE ORAL WITH ANYONE EVER. BECAUSE THATS HOW IT ALL STARTED YEARS AGO.

BUT ALWAYS END THE LETTER WITH...PLEASE ASK ME QUESTIONS. I WON'T JUDGE YOU, AND I WILL KEEP IT SECRET NEVER TELLING ANYBODY.I WILL GIVE YOU A STRAIGHT UP HONEST ANSWERS. I WANT YOU TO TALK TO ME ALWAYS. ALSO THEY SHOULD TELL THEIR FRIENDS WHAT THEY HAVE LEARNED ABOUT HOW EASY IT IS TO GET A (THE H VIRUS) FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES...(BUT,NOT ABOUT "YOU" HAVING IT) BUT SO THEY WILL LEARN ABOUT IT. AND SAVE THEM FROM GETTING THIS "LIFE LONG INCURABLE DISEASE."

JESSIKA, YOU CAN ALSO COPY THIS REPLY THAT I JUST WROTE TO PROVE THAT PART ABOUT YOU KNOWING SOMEONE THAT HAS HAD (H) FOR 30 YEARS. AND HOW IT HAS RUINED MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE.

I HOPE THIS HELPS..."KNOW HURRIES-NO WORRIES" STRESS IS OUR ENEMY.

ALSO. JESSIKA...YOU (OR ANYONE THAT READS THIS) CAN ASK ME ANYTHING ANYTIME..."STAY STRONG" ...BEN

Ben, how people react to herpes says a whole lot more about them and their beliefs than about herpes. It seems that if people would reject me simply based on herpes, then they really don't know the real me. I'm sorry you've gone through so much heartache over this. It hurts my heart to read what you write. How you've let this ruin your entire adult life. It seems that you are starting to turn it around and start living a more empowered life. Sometimes it takes herpes (or anything else in life) to wake us up to showing us it was ourselves the whole time who was in the drivers seat.

Helpful resources:

@Bengee, I'm sorry it has effected your life in such a way, I truly wish you the best and hope that you find love too, because you're still young and have a beautiful life to live and share with someone special. Those are very important factors you mentioned in your reply. I don't want to scare them by saying that they can't share towels or kiss other people or that they will be alone or that its incurable. Maybe I will word it in a way that it doesn't seem like a horrible life sentence or burden. I will make them aware that they could very well be infected with the virus and not know since STD clinics do not test for HSV unless symptoms are present or they request a blood test. I will tell them (especially women) to watch for recurrent yeast or urinary tract infections, pimples, suspicious spots on the skin and sensations in their body. I will share when I noticed signs, the process I went through in learning I had HSV2, my initial reaction and how I have grown from it. I think that could have an impact on the younger generation and they will be more vigilant. At least I hope.

@JR

Its just that people can be so cruel, and I don't want this newfound confidence shattered by someone with rude, disrespectful remarks and judge me as a dirty, promiscuous person.

I'm 100% out. And it's been an amazing journey this last year. The one thing that will define whether you are ready to "come out" to everyone .... if you are not strong enough to take any negative remarks as a true reflection of the other person (ie, you have to know it's NOT about you!), then don't throw the closet door open just yet. Keep telling the people you trust to not judge you in private. Keep building up your confidence (I know you will get there if you are not there just yet ... and really, after 1 week, you are doing amazingly well!) When you get to the point that you don't give a rats arse what others say about you, you are ready ;)

Now, that said, I have had NOTHING but great support and feedback. But maybe it's because I only let positive people near me. Even though I have 1000+ friends in FB (where I came out) I have at least another 100+ waiting for me to approve them because I really don't have a clue who they are (I meet a lot of people at the dance conventions I attend and FB is a good way for us to exchange info about upcoming events). My story is here:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1754/i039m-out-of-the-herpes-closet

and the Ted Talk that helped me to take the leap is here:

I've also put my status on all my dating profiles and I have not seen any reduction in the number of contacts I get. In fact, most are H- men who appreciate my honestly and transparency. Again, NO negative fall-out.

I think that if you are 100% confident in yourself, if you are completely shameless about your status, if you are able to totally *get it* that when someone is negative and ugly, that it's just their insecurities and fears coming out (ie: it's not about you) THEN you are ready to come out :)

(((HUGS)))

@Bengee

Hello and Welcome!

I am sad to say, you have been living for 32 years in fear of passing this to your family and friends in ways that just won't happen:

EVEN TO GET AWAY FROM MY FAMILY BECAUSE OF THE FEAR OF SOMEHOW PASSING IT TO THEM. LIKE...IF I FORGET TO TAKE A TOWEL OUT OF THE BATHROOM AFTER I'VE USED IT. OR KISSING THEM ON THE CHEEK. I TELL MY FAMILY TO NEVER USE MY TOWELS AFTER I HAVE. AND I TELL THEM THE TOWELS ON THE DOOR ARE FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

The herpes virus doesn't live very long at all outside of the body my friend. While we might prefer to keep individual towels for each person (standard hygiene) your chances of passing the flu to them is MUCH higher than passing herpes to them via a towel ;) As for kissing them on the cheek... again... you are over-thinking this. first - if you have Genital Herpes, you CAN'T pass it to anyone by kissing them on the cheek - the virus DOES NOT travel to other areas via the blood or whatever. *IF* you have Oral HSV1 (aka Cold Sores) you are still very safe kissing someone on the cheek... though you wouldn't want to do it with an active OB. I have had oral HSV1 since I was 4. I have two grown daughters who I kissed a whole lot as they grew up and they don't have it. I have a 3 yr old granddaughter that I have also kissed plenty of times. Recently I had a big OB on my mouth ... so when it came time to say goodbye, I told her we had to "air kiss" because Grandma has a boo boo on her mouth. So all this time, you have kept yourself from loving contact and lived in fear about passing this on to others in ways that just plain are not possible. :(

GOT IT WHEN I WAS 20 YEARS OLD NOW I'M 52.AND HAS NEVER GOTTIN MARRIED AND HAS NO KIDS AND HAS BEEN ALONE MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE,BECAUSE OF HAVING (H)

I've had Herpes for 35 yrs ... the ONLY person I gave it to was my ex-hubby, because I didn't know the "rash" I got was Herpes until he came down with it. We were married about a year when it happened ... it took that long to pass it on (not that it can't happen with one contact .... because we have plenty that have had that experience on here too). Noone gave me any reason to be afraid of sharing towels with my children so I know we occasionally shared towels and they never got it. They are 25 and 28 now. I have had 2 H- boyfriends since divorce (was married 20+ years) and neither of them got it from me ... I used antivirals with one, but not the other (his choice) and no condoms. I am telling you this because I think you need to hear that you are limiting your options for love out because you have lived with completely unfounded and untrue beliefs about herpes... and that makes me very sad.

TELL THEM TO ASK POTENTIAL PARTNERS IF THEY ARE CLEAN OF ANY DISEASES EVERY TIME (BEFORE) HAVING SEXT WITH THEM. TELL THEM TO INSPECT THAT AREA FOR RED SPOTS OR SCABS OR RED BLOTCHES.. (EVEN THEIR LIPS FOR COLD SORES (H SIMPLEX I) AND THAT WHEN "THEY" HAVE A COLD SORE THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT "NOT" TO KISS OR HAVE ORAL WITH ANYONE EVER. BECAUSE THATS HOW IT ALL STARTED YEARS AGO.

Well, for one, 80% of people with Herpes (oral or genital) don't know they have it ... so if you want to be 100% "safe" you don't have sex until you are BOTH tested together. Taking someone's word for being STD-free (we prefer that to "clean" here because we are NOT dirty!) is a bit like Russian Roulette because so many don't know they have it, and believe they HAVE been tested. As for looking for scabs/etc, well, yes, it's not a bad idea, but the CDC says the majority of people get it from people who are asymptomatic (no symptoms).

As for never having Oral if you have had a cold sore "ever" ... uh - hate to tell you this: 80% of people carry the HSV1 virus orally ... so if we live with this idea, there's going to be a lot of frustrated people out there. The point is to know your status and if your partner is H-, you take precautions (meds, barriers, etc) to protect your partner. And Herpes has been around for THOUSANDS of years... HSV2 is NOT from oral sex and was the main form of genital herpes for most of that time .... oral sex is not what brought about genital herpes in the first place ... yes, the increase in genital herpes IS in part because of oral sex.... but that's really because no one is educating the public about the connection between "coldsores', herpes, and STD's :(

IT HAS RUINED MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE.

It breaks my heart to read that, because it is SOOOOOO wrong that you have allowed herpes to keep you from finding love and having a wonderful life. I've had it 35 yrs (sonce my FIRST sexual experience) and my life has been AWESOME. I'm 100% out now and it's even better because I can be me, not have to lie about why I had one daughter by Cesarean (thanks to a Dr that scared me into it), and I am now having people SENT to me to get educated and informed by friends who know that I am out. And that is a beautiful thing....

I hope that you can spend time here ... read your way around the site. Read the Success Stories. Just absorb some of what we have to share here. We call this the Herpes OPPORTUNITY because we have found that if anything, this virus has helped us to grow into stronger and more empathetic people. It's all about attitude and whether you choose to look for the lessons and the good in something, or if you allow your fears and anger to run your life. The choice is yours and I would LOVE to see you let go of what is holding you back so you can find love and have better relationship with your family from this point forward ;)

(((HUGS)))

This is what I wrote to share with my loved ones...I got the statistics off of various websites. What do you think?

Consider this a Public Service Announcement, if you will...this post will not be up for long. I just need to get the message out.

I have gained enough confidence through my support group and I am ready to express something very personal about myself, so I ask if you respect me and please do not judge me for what I am about to disclose.

Last Monday, my life as I knew it changed forever, because I have a condition that although is treatable, it is incurable and will remain with me until I die. Thankfully, its not Cancer, or HIV, or anything that will kill me, but its a disease that has been under the radar and I will now bring it to light. I was diagnosed with HSV2, which is medical code for Genital Herpes. Of course, my initial reaction to this was shock, anger, disbelief, regret, disgust, guilt, every negative emotion you can possibly feel. I asked myself "Who would love me now? What will my friends think? Will they run away? Will I ever have children or a family of my own?" I thought my life was over, and I felt so alone. I instantly went to the internet searching for someone to reach out to in a similar situation and I quickly learned that I am FAR from being alone and its much more common than I once thought.

What I am about to say will shock you, and possibly frighten you, but most importantly, it should educate you.

There are currently 7 billion people on this planet, and more than half a billion of them are infected with HSV2. 80% of the entire population has HSV1, which is Oral Herpes. That produces cold sores on the mouth, and though its less common, it CAN be transmitted to the genitals during oral sex which will then become Genital Herpes, HSV1. 1 in 4 women in the U.S. have HSV2, as opposed to 1 in 8 in men. That's basically every other person in this country. Roughly 25 million new cases are reported each year worldwide.

The bigger issue about this virus is that 80% of people infected with HSV2 have NO symptoms AT ALL. Or, their symptoms may be so mild they may assume its nothing more than an insect bite, an ingrown hair, razor bumps, or in women, a UTI, or a yeast infection. The name "Herpes" is Greek. It means "to creep". So it creeps and lies dormant in your nervous system for months, sometimes years before someone has an outbreak. Other times, it can trigger a primary outbreak that is extreme and occurs immediately (within 2-3 weeks after exposure) and you have to be treated with antiviral medication to reduce the outbreak. That was my case. Also, even without symptoms, you can still spread the virus.

Another problem is that STD clinics, both military AND civilian, do NOT test for HSV during their screenings. They only test individuals for the virus if symptoms are present, or if you REQUEST a blood test. So anybody reading this could very well have the Herpes virus, and not even know it.

And don't think you're safe just because you wear condoms. Its an extremely contagious virus. Condoms only reduce the chance of transmission by 30-50%.

I'm not trying to scare any of you, but I want you all to be aware of this because Sex Ed did not teach me this. I also want people to know that this STD is NOT life-threatening. You can still have kids, still live your life the same way you did before, and still be in a loving relationship. Of course being honest and disclosing this to your partner is key and I learned this isn't always a deal breaker for many people.

Genital Herpes in the medical world is nothing more than a skin condition that comes and goes from time to time. Typically, after the first year, enough antibodies are produced to combat the virus, so outbreaks become less and less. Some people may never have outbreaks at all. America is the ONLY country that has created a stigma against people who have this disease, because we are a fear-loving country, and we tend to associate this with people who are promiscuous or dirty. Well, I have spoken to people who have only been with one person their whole lives or been in monagomous relationships and STILL got infected. It does NOT descriminate against class, race, age, or gender.

I understand many people who will read this will probably unfriend me, and thats ok. That just means you weren't meant to be in my life for the long haul. To those who stand by me and support me, I am forever grateful. I just needed to get this off of my chest because I feel its something I shouldn't hide or be ashamed of and I wanted to educate people who are out living wrecklessly, and people who are having sex in general. Pregnancy is not the only thing you should be worried about guys. Take it from me.

If you have ANY questions, feel free to message me. Get tested and know your status. I want to help change the way America thinks about Herpes. There is a lot to learn, and knowledge is power.

Beautifully written - though I would suggest a few minor changes:

80% of the entire population has HSV1, which is most commonly known as Oral Herpes or "cold sores". That produces ulcers on the mouth,

and though its less common, it CAN be transmitted to the genitals during oral sex which will then become Genital Herpes, HSV1.

Actually, HSV1 now makes up HALF of all new Genital Herpes cases ... so you may want to make that point somehow :)

And don't think you're safe just because you wear condoms. Its an extremely contagious virus. Condoms only reduce the chance of transmission by 30-50%. This is because condoms may not cover the area where the person sheds the virus... which can be anywhere in the boxer region depending on where they were originally infected

It's not really "extremely" contagious ... most people who are somewhat sexually active have probably been exposed to people who carry the virus multiple times and got lucky :p ... I would take that out... ;)

Otherwise... well done. I hope you get the same reception I did ... if you have been careful with who are your friends, it should be great. Family can be weird so they may take a bit more patience and understanding. :)

Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Lol sorry, I just wanted to kind of emphasize the importance of how easily someone can get HSV and in a way kind of scare the younger crowd reading it so they will stop indulging in risky behavior lol. But I cannot believe all of the amazing feedback I got!!!! Over 30 comments in less than an hour telling me how brave and strong I was to post online about something so private. It brought tears of joy to my eyes. One friend even said "You're still sexy" LOL! A cousin messaged me after reading it and told me she also has HSV2 been living with it for 10 years and shes married to her giver now. So needless to say, this is probably the best night I've had since my diagnosis. Plenty more nights like this to come!!! I owe it all to this you guys!!!

It truly is. I am even helping some people on this forum who have had HSV for decades come to acceptance. I would love to become an advocate for this and spread the word and encourage people to go on with their lives because the feeling of being judged and unloved is really all in your head. Nobody really thinks that way at all!! At least those who really love you :)

JessikaRabbit89, I commend you for your courage and strength!!! This is an amazing act of selflessness and love, because it stems from a part of you that wants to ultimately help others. I thank you for being so brave in openly loving yourself regardless of what anyone has to say or think, because it is the best example of how no one can define us but ourselves. For all those who feel shattered and broken and tainted, your strength will resonate and hopefully brighten their thoughts and hearts. For those who learn something, you are giving them the opportunity to be more mindful and compassionate. This is really the highest form of self-love and acceptance and I am so happy for you. It's simply AMAZING!! A quote for you: 'Courage is not the absence of fear; it's learning to overcome it.'.... boy did you!! :)

@JessikaRabbit89 THANK YOU. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 3 months out from my diagnosis and I have been in hell. But I came back to the forum tonight after being away for a few days. And yours was the top thread of the list tonight. And it has given me hope, like I haven't felt since receiving that life altering phone call from my doctor. I have been sunk in one of my deepest depressions ever since. But tonight at least, reading this, feels like the first warm breeze after a cold, cold Winter. Thank you for lending your strength out to those of us who feel we don't have any right now.

Awww @shaeshae, I'm so glad this helped you! It wasn't easy, and I wish I could extend this positive energy to my giver, who is now avoiding me like the plague. Some people are just effected differently by this. I chose to be as proactive about this as possible and not look at it as a burden. My sister and I call it my "stress management" lol. It has me more conscious of what I eat, what I get upset about, and overall its making me a better woman. So I hope others can see this as a blessing in disguise like I have.