• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HPV AND HSV2

Hey! I was shaking when I found out. I have had a couple of doctors tell me that it is going to be ok as long as I go to all of my screenings and that I can fight it off. I'm still waiting for the type test result. Found out a couple of people I know have HPV too. I'm starting to feel ok about it. I got over the HSV diagnosis months after I was told I have it. I was nauseous and very depressed for a while after I found out, but HSV really does not impact life. At times I forget I have HSV. 

I know a lot of women who have faced this and they do manage to clear off the virus. My HPV is actually caused by genital warts, it’s low risk but it does mean another STI. 

Are you in a relationship or dating? I’m a 22 year old male and I wasn’t looking for anything serious but I would go on regular dates resulting in hook ups, of course this now has to change and I don’t know how to adjust. If I have HSV I’m not sure I’ll date again because telling someone you have one STI is enough let alone two. 

I'm married and my partner is not stressing over it. Since you have the wart type, it does not lead to life-threatening situations. A lot of people have those and it's not a problem. The HSV will be a bit more difficult to talk about because of the stuff in the media about it (herpes jokes), but some people are accepting too. You will most likely find someone. Many people have HSV2 nowadays. 

i have both. the HPV has been a non-issue. had a colposcopy at my gyno office and tests confirm it's low grade and nothing to worry about. gyno said it will prolly go away on its own

i've been fortunate that my HSV2 has been a non-issue as well. i dont have many outbreaks and all of my disclosures have been successful. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m doing okay tsking it day by day/ hpv I have goes away they say so I don’t stress that.... the herpes gets me though I have good days and bad days. Some days I forget I even have it and some days I’m just so depressed. It’s a wave of emotions. How are you 

@Jenn88, I felt like I had gotten over herpes, but since a new HPV diagnosis, my wave of emotions came back as well. I am also going through the same feelings. When I first got diagnosed last year with HSV, it took a few months to get over but I didn't even think about it most days. I think we will both get there eventually. I hear that there should be no rush in the emotional healing when it comes to there diseases and that many people have it including many people in our families, but just do not know it because this is not routinely tested. I am also seeing a therapist for this. Is your HPV the high-risk type?

@Jenn88,

You can most certainly donate blood. 

Most of us do not know who gave it to us because it does not cause symptoms in some and it is not routinely tested! Do not put that load on yourself. Most of us do not know who gave it to us. I don't know either. My doctors even sent me an email that said that trying to figure out who past it onto me was a waste of time because it could have happened at any point in my life after becoming sexually active. While you feel bad now, and you should take your time to heal, remember that you are not alone and by age 50, most adults contract these H conditions. I suggest a book for you by a doctor who came out with her HSV diagnosis. It's called: "Yes, I have herpes" Check it out!

• Thanks 1

@bubbles0990 i was diagnosed with HSV2 a little over a year ago. HPV a few months ago. i could have had HPV longer, since it was almost 2 years since my previous gyno exam. i hear what you're saying about the wave of emotions coming back, but try not to stress, since stress can activate HPV and HSV. personally, i dont even put HPV in the same category since HPV often goes away on its on. most of my female friends have been diagnosed with HPV at some point, and with all of them it went away after 4 or 5 years. 

@Jenn88 sending you positive vibes 🤗 i know you dont see it now, but herpes is really not a big deal. the biggest part of dealing with herpes is your attitude towards it. you cant change your diagnosis but you can change your perspective on it! you are not dirty, you are not slutty. you are just as fabulous with H, as you were without it. like i tell other women on this forum, OWN your power 💪🏽. we all have way too much to be thankful for in our lives for something as minor as a skin condition to steal our joy. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i don't mention that i HAD warts at one point in my life since I have had over 4 clear pap smears and no symptoms for years. it is no longer there: nothing to disclose. its like....disclosing you had chlamydia when your a teen to all your new partners...why? it will make no difference to them.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:14 AM, bubbles0990 said:

@MarieH

That's awesome! Was your a high-risk strain? Or did you have the wart strain? Did you do anything to make it go away? I was worrying that my HPV won't go away because my HSV will make it hard to go away, but if your HPV went away, then it is possible? Have you had the HPV DNA test? Are you over 30?

your HSV should not effect the HPV. HSV is not HIV, it doesn't drop our immune system