• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Genital HSV1

I’ve read the statistics on genital hsv1 shedding and transmission rates. Wanted to hear from people with genital hsv1 that have been sexually active after their diagnosis. Have you been successful in not transmitting it to your partner?  Do you use protection?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, Braino said:

I’ve read the statistics on genital hsv1 shedding and transmission rates. Wanted to hear from people with genital hsv1 that have been sexually active after their diagnosis. Have you been successful in not transmitting it to your partner?  Do you use protection?

Hi Braino,

I was in a sexual relationship for 9 months. We used protection every time, and we never attempted when I had prodrome symptoms or a full outbreak. I didn't transmit. We've broken up but it wasn't because of H. I disclosed before we ever initiated anything sexual. Everyone is different about how they proceed.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been sexually active for about 3 months. We don’t use protection we both got tested and I’m positive for Ghsv1 . I had it already a year before I had sex, and he is first person since my diagnosis that I have been intimate with. There only been once where I felt maybe I was having a outbreak and went to the doctor and it was gone.. I haven’t passed it to him yet. I don’t plan on passing it, we are trying to be careful with it but we both understand that it can happen. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...