• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Black Woman Group Chat

Before anything I want to say I am not trying to offend anyone. The reason I wanted this to be specifically for black woman is because I haven't seen many things about us beside statistics and I always feel alone like I'm the only one in my community. 

Now my question is there a group chat,website , or anything where black woman can support each other who have herpes? If not would anyone like to make one? 

(Sorry if this isn't allowed)

Well lookie here! 😉 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

4 minutes ago, mr_hopp said:

Well lookie here! 😉 

I love that thread it is amazing. Thank you but the group chat I was thinking about would just  be for black woman and not the whole community.  The group chat would allow us to have someone who understands the cultural problems we have.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, nance18 said:

@Scoobilu If you come across one or have any ideas on how to start one, I'd love to join.

I'm looking to see how to go about it because I'm sure a lot of girls wouldn't want to show their faces. I just would like something so we could reach out faster. Like imagine having a support system during a disclosure moment in real time.  

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, Scoobilu said:

I'm looking to see how to go about it because I'm sure a lot of girls wouldn't want to show their faces. I just would like something so we could reach out faster. Like imagine having a support system during a disclosure moment in real time.  

this is actually an amazing idea and could really do a lot for a lot of people. you should definitely start it up if it doesn’t exist. count me in! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, Scoobilu said:

I was thinking of making a kik group chat so we can still be anonymous. Or a snapchat If you would like to be apart of it inbox me.

Yes I’d like to apart. But isn’t kik like a deleted app or something? 

• 2 months later...

Dear Black, beautiful women of color,

I am writing this letter to you because I sort of had an epiphany. Im 48 years old, experienced many things, been in relationships, been engagements that did not work out, have 4 kids, 2 biological, 2 adopted, developed gift later in life, but hold on, i also have bv with my outbreaks, recently experienced a horrible tragedy, but guess what? Im still here, so ladies, everything we do is a blessing, be thankful and learn from it. So here goes some small tidbits that may help you: 1) Always know you are smart, beautiful and talented 2) love yourself in spite of situations, there will be plenty 3) give the most high thanks for good and bad situations, herpes too, there are lessons in every calamity 4) eat fresh garlic, its your best friend, it starves off herpes infections and bv infections, 5) eat lots of soups with green leafy vegetables in it with lots of garlic, please eat lots of green vegetables period , use miso as the basr of your soup, put jalapenos in it if you can stomach them 6) take a good quality probiotic for women thats in the billions with 10 or 12 strains, 7) kefir and yogurt are your friend too, if you can have milk products, plain nonfat greek vanilla yogurt, I get mine from Aldi 😎 limit your meat, try salmon and chicken, a lot of our meat has antibiotics in it, so when we do take antibiotics, they dont work 9) let nothing or noone still your joy, even the devil, 10) limit sex partners, find who you are, begin to love you wholeheartedly, forgive yourself for past transgressions, learn from your past mistakes, pray, ask for forgiveness, dont be envious of anyone or anything 10) what is for you, the most high will give it to you when you live according to what is right, right is what comes naturally from the heart, 11) Give our love, but first, love you 12) these are small tidbits, I follow and I wanted to send out to my fellow sisters, from one older woman to my younger sisters 13) I love each one of you and wish much success and happiness in your lives, stay humbled and blessed 14) Our life has thrown us a curve, now we must get back on our straight path of life

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

Can someone give me some advice on what I can do for these bacterial infections, other people can smell me. I also have a device inside of me that helps me go to the bathroom, Im nauseated, sick at times. I want to feel better. I am going through menopause. I have hot/cold flashes, I never sleep. I need some help