• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First herpes outbreak last week. Now 2 herpes outbreaks in a row?

I am new to all of this, I just found out last week that I have it and I just had my first outbreak. now, 3 days after I finished my pills, it looks like I am starting to get another outbreak. I see tiny red dots around the nearly healed older outbreak and I am starting to itch again. Also, I have one or 2 spots that never healed on my peri area. I also feel like I am getting sick again, runny nose, tired, sore lymph nodes. I guess my question is can I get another outbreak so soon after finishing the meds? or is this just a continuation of the first one?

I am so confused about all of this. the guy I was sleeping with and I both came down with symptoms, him first then me within a few days of each other, but neither one of us had ever had any symptoms before this and both had/have no clue who gave it to who or how we got it.

he seems to be ok, just a few small sores, but I ended up with almost 30 and now I think I am getting another outbreak while he is pretty much fine. I am depressed and sad and have lost my "sparkle".

any help/advice/encouragement is greatly appreciated..

If you are having a runny nose you may be getting sick with a cold. with my outbreaks i get cold chills and nausea and tired but not a runny nose. with winter season coming you could just be fighting off a cold and I've seen other people on the board here talk about if you are sick with a cold or the real flu strep throat whatever that it lowers everyone's immune system. so someone with herpes when they get sick may well have an outbreak especially someone just newly fighting off the skin condition. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. if you're like me you are losing sleep iver googling the hsv and looking up all possible info probably reading some bogus sites about it and getting all worked up and stressed from it. Eat healthy. Eat yogurt instead of ice cream.eat 100 percent whole grain breads if you want something with bread drink fruit juices real fruit. Alot if processed foods don't have the vitimins and nutrients that real fruit and vegetables have. I love fried foods but you can also bake and sautee chicken and shrimp with delicious spices like garlic salt and lemon pepper or addin onions or whatever you like. white bread is the most worthless if all food groups that a lot of people really don't know about. white bread turns to sugar in your intestines and it digests very fast causing sugar spikes in our blood systems. its why doctors tell diabetes to not eat white bread. i know a lot of tbis stuff cuz my brother used to be a personal trainer at the gym. Tge healtwe eat the less we get sick but even if you're doing all this sometimes we still just get sick and have to ride it out. I'm not a doctor but it sounds like to me you're body is probably just fighting off a common cold aling with this too. get a lit of sleep irange juice and anything the doctors giving you. get well soon.

thank you. :)

my dr office called in another rx just to be careful since I am now having the flashes of pain in my nerves like I did with the first round. I just started taking it, so hopefully I can nip this in the bud if it is a second outbreak, and if not, well I don't think it will hurt me to take another round of meds

I had pretty much continual outbreaks for my first 3 1/2 months. I was never quite sure when one ended and another started and the Zovirax didnt really help. The only thing that has helped is suppressive (Aciclovir). Being outbreak free for 7 weeks now and not having the symptoms is such a relief. I am now starting to deal with the emotional side of it. If It is a new outbreak it can be controlled and you will get your sparkle back :-)

@hope75 Thx for the encouragement of getting the "sparkle back." I usually have a vivacious zest for life and am usually a positive thinker but I feel like my sparkle is bearly twinkling and I know that theres light at the end of the tunnel

I just been feeling like these OBs have been beating me down physically, emotionally, and mentally.

One thing I do know is that the power of positive thinking does make a diff and I need to chuck out my stinkin' thinkin'

Thx :-)

Glad to be of some help

“A lot of things are inherent in life -change, birth, death, aging, illness, accidents, calamities, and losses of all kinds- but these events don't have to be the cause of ongoing suffering. Yes, these events cause grief and sadness, but grief and sadness pass, like everything else, and are replaced with other experiences. The ego, however, clings to negative thoughts and feelings and, as a result, magnifies, intensifies, and sustains those emotions while the ego overlooks the subtle feelings of joy, gratitude, excitement, adventure, love, and peace that come from Essence. If we dwelt on these positive states as much as we generally dwell on our negative thoughts and painful emotions, our lives would be transformed.”

your glow will come back even brighter with more compassion and understanding towards others ;-)

I am having the same issue, I cant tell when one ob is ending and another is starting. I am once again on my last day of meds and am having the intense itching again and have spotted a couple of possible spots. I am having a hard time because usually I keep everything hair free and I have been so scared to shave or use nair because my first OB seems to be where I usually got razor burn and it was so awful and painful. i am itchy anyways from the hair but the i start to worry if it is a "regular" itch, or an OB itch. I go back to the dr on Friday and i am hoping for good news, like that i am OB free for the moment and i can have sex again. (only with the guy who gave it to me tho, no new partners)

i am still pretty depressed and upset most days. you can def tell there is something going on with me if you know me at all. i am usually so happy, but this diagnosis feels like it is a curse. i had just began to dream about my future after being trapped in a physical and emotionally abusive relationship for most of my life. i finally got out of that relationship and started sleeping with a guy i know.

i knew that i wasn't going to be able to be with the guy i was sleeping with long term, but he is a wonderful guy and i wish there could have been a future for us. i was just getting my feet wet and trying out being single. i knew the next guy i dated that i wanted to be able to at least consider having a future with, and now... i feel like no matter what, i am going to be seen as diseased and used up first and then as a person, a bad person, and that i am trapped again, by my own stupid choices. i had just begun to feel free and now i am caged with no way out.

Hugs brokencastle... I know its tough. I only just found out last Saturday about my first herpes outbreak, and it was with a new guy I've started dating, after just coming out of a 4 year relationship, so I'm right with you when you're talking about just being single and worried about how you'll be perceived in the future. I'm not sure what the answer is... I think once the physical signs are gone (I too seem to be having bad luck having just finished my meds and experiencing a lot of itching/pain but no spots?) we can concentrate on the mental side of things and starting to heal.

I hope things get better for you xx

I go back to the Dr in the morning, I have finished my second course of meds and even before I finished them I was already getting a couple of sores, now I have the intense itching again and can not tell if I am having another OB or if this is the same one, it is so hard to tell where one ends and another begins. I thought that after taking meds that I would have a regular progression of what should happen, but I seem to have 3 different stages of things going in different parts. the first OB is totally healed and all I have left are scars that I hope will fade. then I have a few spots that have gone to looking like pimples but they aren't weeping or anything (I put colloidal silver on them and it seems to help them heal really fast) and then in another place(s) I have intense itching, like I am getting ready to break out again. I am so confused.

oh and I have one tiny spot on my ass that from the amount of pain and itching it is doing you would think it was the size of a quarter rather than the size of a pin head :S

I really appreciate that you guys are here and encouraging me and others. I am not usually so down but I cant seem to pull myself out of this slump. I am not finding joy in anything at this point.

You will pull out of it, its a big shock and you will go through the process of grieving like us all. I was like you, I had break out after breakout in different areas. It was on my hands too which always seemed to follow the genital break out. then my bottom. It seemed to go in a constant cycle . The Aciclovir helped me, although I still get tingles now and again, but no sores as yet. What med are you on ? Have you tried adding epsom salt to your bath ? Hope you get it controlled, maybe you need a different med ? once you control the breakouts you will feel a lot better. big hugs to you.x

• 2 weeks later...

i started taking my meds on a daily basis and have not had any more coffee and the tingles went away and all the sores too. I am not 100% sure but I think both times I started feeling the itches/tingles were when I had coffee the day before. both times I had coffee I had reasoned that I was on the meds and at the end of a cycle so I should be "protected" from another OB. since I stopped having even 1 cup of coffee, I am so much better.

Hi Brokencastle!

Good point about the coffee - it's funny how one thing will trigger one person and something else will trigger another. And it doesn't mean you will never be able to have coffee... I went through a spell when I was at the tail end of Menopause when Trail Mix (specifically with nuts AND chocolate) would make me break out. Nowadays I seem to be able to eat all of either (alone or together) that I want.

Glad you are feeling better physically better and I hope you are starting on your emotional healing too. I find that this place is a wonderful place to really learn about how H can be a Positive thing in your life.... you just have to look for the lessons it is bringing you.

(((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Have you tried Zovirax? It's topical you can put it right on the site. Ask your doctor about it. It is a prescription. He or she may even give you a free sample. Use a Q-tip to apply it. I've also heard good things about Teatree oil. Maybe somebody else on the form has some thoughts on it? I haven't tried it myself.

During my diagnosis, my doctor gave me a prescription for valacyclovir (Valtrex). I started taking that right away and I take it every day, outbreak or not. I just want to see the doctor recently. He increased my dosage. He also wrote me another prescription for Zovirax in case I got another outbreak. You might want to consider preventive therapy, Meaning you take the pills every single day to prevent outbreaks.

Preventative Therapy is useful when you are first breaking out but at the same time you need the breakouts to get the immunity so that it won't be as bad later or at least they will be fewer and farther between after awhile. If you can use it to keep the breakouts to a "tolerable" level that may be the best balance ... but in the end the body just needs to figure out how to fight it and keep it under control too.... it's all a balancing act to get through the first few months :/

im glad i read these posts. although im still in the diagnosis phase, i have been dealing with symptoms for over 2 months and a month on acyclivor. I dont have any discomfort with my symptoms but they are not going anyway. maybe because i no discomfort etc could be the reason i have some denial.

The time frame of symptoms is frustrating. thanks for sharing on your experiences on symptoms.

baffled I am glad you are reading these posts and that they are helping. We have all been there, but trust me you will start to feel better both physically and mentally. Everybody is different with that time frame, but you will. I am like a different person now than I was even before I was even diagnosed. I have learnt so much about my self. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer not to have had to deal with this, but there is a positive in every negative. Maybe when you have healed physically You can also turn this thing around and use it as a starting point to be an even better person that you was previously. I am not saying I never get down. In fact I am on a bit of a down today, but I am in a hell of a lot better place than I was. Hang in there girl, you will come through this x

I have a friend on here who e-mailed me about using coconut oil mixed with tea tree oil to "slather" on blisters during an o/b and she says it works REALLY well. I asked her about proportions and how she mixes/applies because coconut oil is solid at room temp. When she responds, I'll return to share.

Also, brokencastle, there's a thread on here for ladies discussing shaving (among other things, lol :) ) Check it out...

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1769/ladies-thongs-shaving-and-herpes/p1

I got some good ideas, and laughs :), that I'm going to try, and you know what? It helps keep me from feeling overwhelmed about the whole thing. Sometimes, I just need to lean on someone else's laughter and lessons learned until I get it for myself again.

I LOVE your screen name...brokencastle...there's a castle in my hometown that was falling apart and run down. A wealthy gentleman bought it, restored it, and every so often opens it to the public for tours. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Even broken castles can be restored, right?! And often, they are restored to a condition MUCH better than they were in before! Check this out:

http://www.berkeleyspringscastle.org/castle/history.html

Blessings to you, brokencastle! Your new friends here look forward to your own restoration!

lol, I am glad you like my name, tho I chose it because it is my last name and I felt like I was broken/used up and no where near who I used to be before I got my Dx.

I am doing so much better emotionally now. I haven't had any more symptoms or anything since I started the daily meds and stayed away from coffee. I even managed to catch a very ugly cold and not have an OB. I am waiting for my first period since I have had everything cleared up to see if it is going to be effected.

thanks for the links Aerial.