• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

from what I know about supplements you want to use L lysine because it is all natural and their body absorbs it better. also everybody's body react differently to different supplements and different medication you can try it and see how it works for you my grandfather said he takes a thousand milligrams of L lysine a day and it helps him from getting a break out on his mouth now my grandfather gave me a bottle of L lysine to start off with because I'm on suppressive therapy and he wants me to eventually get off the suppressive therapy. I also use organic cold pressed coconut oil it has natural antiviral properties I use 3 teaspoons a day to eat and I learned this from dancer thank God I do a mixture of organic coconut oil and organic tea tree well whenever I'm having an outbreak and I put it on the outbreak unless its like inside the vagina or something and I it helps dry up and he'll be herpes outbreak faster than the suppressive does alone.

I hope that helps. :)

Lysine helps me :) I have no idea how much I take a day... a friend gave me like 5 lbs of it (white powder) and I dissolve maybe 1/2 - 1 tsp of it in water every day and drink it... I recently flew with a bunch of it in unmarked orange "pill" bottles and it looked like I was flying with a shit load of coke... but anyway, since quitting suppressive therapy and doing the lysine thing every single day I haven't had an outbreak (previously if I wasn't taking valtrex every day, I had nonstop outbreaks...)

LOL with the pill bottles full of the white powder. I often take a little Ammonium Alum with me (maybe 1/2 tsp) in a baggie. You KNOW that looks suspicious but if I ever get pulled for it I'll challenge them to do the "taste test" and laugh my ass off when I see their expression ... Alum tastes NASTY!

As Victoria said, every body works differently and Lysine is one of those things that seems to either work or not work for people. I'm guessing that it's either that something else is really lacking (or has too much) in the diet and/or there may be some kind of personal chemistry that needs balancing that they haven't figured out yet.

One thing you may want to do is to Google "Lysine, Arginine, and Herpes" .... then look at the links that talk about foods, lysine, and arginine. Arginine is required for the replication of Herpes Simplex Virus while Lysine (another amino acid) inhibits this same replication by competing with arginine. You *may* find that the diets of people who are not as responsive to lysine are vary high in arginine. Its a fascinating subject but there's still a lot of guesswork and theory attached to it.

I had a doctors appointment with my actual doctor today and he wanted to take me off the suppressive therapy and wanted me to switch to just l lysine. he wants me to keep the acyclovir strictly for 1 I'm having a breakout. he told me about a study that was done in Harvard University where they did tests of L lysine which stated that L lysine was a better suppressive therapy van acyclovir itself. he reduced my acyclovir to 400 milligrams and told me to take a thousand milligrams of allies in a day. I also got a nother blood test done today.