• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Falling in love and fearing 'The herpes talk"

Hello everyone!

So I had the talk with my sweetheart this weekend and it went really well! He was very open to listening to me. I brought it up when we were lying in bed together, and he just held me close as I told him. I let him know how much he meant to me and how connected I felt to him so I wanted to be open and honest with him about something personal. I told him the stats, and that it was very common, and how it had made me feel.

We just held each other and fell asleep. He didn't treat me any differently the next morning, and still wanted to be with me more than ever.

Today we chatted and he had more questions that I answered for him, and he told me how happy he was that i was able to tell him about my situation, and that we can work it out.

I am so incredibly happy right now that I have found someone amazing that I am so attracted to, who accepts me for me and wants to care of me no matter what. We also made it official this weekend. We're together and going steady. so cute!

Thank you to everyone who supported me throughout this ordeal. The talk wasn't as bad as I thought. Its the build-up it thats the worst, but I am so glad I have this off my chest. I feel so much lighter and can just enjoy every moment now!

Oh Virgo Girl, so excitement! congratulations, so happy for you. All the work you did with your emotions beforehand is what made it so clear for you at the time. Another wonderful thing is that however this lovely new relationship goes, it will NEVER be so hard again for you to disclose. I'm so delighted for you. Your journey will be so valuable to others on this forum too, best wishes for the relationship. Have been thinking about you over the weekend, (we are a day ahead in Australia).... I hope you are celebrating!

VirgoGirl I am overwhelmed with happiness for you! Your story is one of courage and incredible self-love. Congratulations on this wonderful new journey in your life. To have found someone who loves you, herpes and all, is amazing. Because of this story I am starting off this week with a positive attitude and I am going to keep your story in the back of my mind next time I am feeling down and unlovely because of the H. Keep us updated, I wanna follow this wonderful love story!! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you everyone!

It was very scary but I knew deep down disclosing to him wouldn't be a deal breaker ( even though I expressed lots of fear, its only normal!) we really got to know each other weeks prior and connected on such a deep level that I could feel within my core.

If he were to have left, however, I would have accepted that he wasn't the one for me. So in a away, I thank H for the gift of waiting and taking my time to get to know someone, and for allowing us to start a relationship off with a deep level of honesty and truth and communication.

VirgoGirl, I am SO happy to hear things went so well for you. Isn't it interesting how the very thing or situation that you feel is a curse can actually turn out to be such a blessing. It gave you such an opportunity to bond and to really test the limits of your bond. It has probably made you stronger as a couple as a result. Yay!!! Thanks so much for being so transparent and vulnerable with us and allowing us to share in your fears, your journey and your triumph! I am so happy for both of you!

Brenda xo

Love your last post Virgo Girl...you 'knew'...you had that deep connection. But all that fear showed how much you cared and were willing to be authentic no matter what. He has got a goddess of integrity ;-) and you have a gorgeous man who loves you totally. The gift you talk about is definitely the H gift. Thanks for sharing this journey...and yeah aren't there amazing people here!!! x