• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

One year later!

Hello All!

I first have to apologize for neglecting our beautiful forum the past few months. I hope you all are doing well and keeping up the good fight :)

I am writing because it has been exactly ONE YEAR since my first herpes outbreak & diagnosis. I cannot believe the whirlwind of my life this past year. I was in such an incredibly dark place the first few months after my diagnosis due to multiple outbreaks, one after another; I felt depressed, alone, and absolutely disgusting. I have to give a HUGE thank you to this forum, you all really saved me and helped me see how life really does go on.

Life has gone on & I am in a wonderful place on year later. I took a huge risk in my early career and accepted a new job back in January, I am beyond happy as I am now at a job I love, with wonderful union/benefits that have really set me up for a good life ahead. I reconnected with my longtime boyfriend shortly after my diagnosis and he was my rock through it all, he accepted and loved me just as he always had and as of this past month we moved in to our own apartment together and have been so incredibly happy to begin this next chapter of our lives. My outbreaks have been pretty much non-existent after about 3 months of dealing with them constantly in the beginning.

You know, I never thought an incurable virus could effect me and then it did. Life happens. That's what I've learned most this past year, life happens & things really do work out and everything really will be okay. Sometimes things don't work out as we planned or imagined, but most of all, everything really will be okay.

Thank you all for your love & support this past year. I wish everyone nothing but the best this life has to offer & I hope we all continue to not let a silly little thing like herpes get in our way, because life is too beautiful of a thing to pass up!

Lots of love <3

Lexi

It's good to hear things like this. I've been diagnosed for about 2-3 months now with the first outbreak being the worst. The second was right after and not as bad. I seem to be on the third one about a week after I healed from the first. Just some small fissures and a swollen node.

Thank you so much for your update Lexi! I kind of love that you ended up neglecting the forum - knowing that there are long stretches in my future where I might not think about this, might not login to the forum or do a google search of symptoms is uplifting. It's so important that we all remember that life can go on and there is always a light at the end of the tunnel!

• 2 months later...