• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inspirational quotes

Pain (any pain--emotional, physical, mental) has a message. The information it has about our life can be remarkably specific, but it usually falls into one of two categories: "We would be more alive if we did more of this," and, "Life would be more lovely if we did less of that." Once we get the pain's message, and follow its advice, the pain goes away.

The more severe the pain or illness, the more severe will be the necessary changes. These may involve breaking bad habits, or acquiring some new and better ones.

Acceptance is not a state of passivity or inaction. I am not saying you can't change the world, right wrongs, or replace evil with good. Acceptance is, in fact, the first step to successful action. If you don't fully accept a situation precisely the way it is, you will have difficulty changing it. Moreover, if you don't fully accept the situation, you will never really know if the situation should be changed.

Acceptance is such an important commodity, some have called it "the first law of personal growth."

All from: Peter McWilliams, Life 101

These are lyrics to a hip hop song I just heard. Inspiring.

"We're living now in the nation of the lost

We're losing wars, losing children, losing jobs

Losing our minds, souls and our homes

We are lost but what we are not, is alone

The salvation our souls have cried out for is here

It stares us down quietly when we look in the mirror

Our heroes are us

The only superpower required, is love

So we're inviting you to submit your application

And become heroes, in the healing of a nation."

— "Invitation" by Zion I & The Grouch

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

"An emotion is only an emotion. It’s just a small part of your whole being. You are much more than your emotion. An emotion comes, stays for a while, and goes away, just like a storm. If you’re aware of that, you won’t be afraid of your emotions."

~Thich Nhat Hanh~

Good advice for those days when your emotions are out of control :)

"At this moment, there are 6 billion, 4 hundred 71 million, 8 hundred 18 thousand, 6 hundred 71 people in the world. Some are running scared.. some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day.. others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good, and some are good.. struggling with evil. 6 billion people in the world, 6 billion souls -and sometimes...all you need is 1."

“I believe that a life of integrity is the most fundamental source of personal worth. I do not agree with the popular success literature that says that self-esteem is primarily a matter of mind set, of attitude—that you can psych yourself into peace of mind. Peace of mind comes when your life is in harmony with true principles and values and in no other way.” — Stephen Covey

“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” — Joseph Campbell

“We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell

“The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.” — Charles Dubois

“We make ourselves significant by the courage of our questions, and the depth of our answers.” —Stephen Covey

“We’re at the point in our evolution that we all have to become conscious. This is a time of revolution. There’s no holding back. So I’m about tearing down the monastery walls and seeing the whole world as the monastery, as the practice, as the spiritual temple. What we’re all working on is this very being, this very life. This is the temple, it has no walls.” — Genpo Roshi

“Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.” — Eckhart Tolle

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing herself/himself.” — Leo Tolstoy

“Imaginary obstacles are insurmountable. Real ones aren't.“ - Barbara Sher

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

So i was just chillin today and watching tv and really thought this quote from the movie evan almighty really hit close to home and kinda summed up what this support group is about and how awesome yall are. Its a christian movie so if you're of a different spiritually just substitute god for great spirit or supreme being or just fate. However u wanna look at it.

"If someone prays for patience do you think god gives them patience or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If someone asks for courage does god give them courage or the opportunity to be courageous? If someone prayed for family to be closer to one another does god zap them with warm fuzzy feelings,? Or does he give them the opportunity to love one another?"

That's beautiful, Peach. And yes, that hits the nail on the head as far as opportunity goes. :) Here's a TED talk that brings that home, too:

Helpful resources:

Cant resist :-D

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell. -Buddha

The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. -Steve Marabo

• 4 weeks later...