• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a 34 yo fit male asian from Sydney, Australia. Wouldn't mind having a Hbuddy, man or woman, doesn't matter, I am a straight guy lol. Just happy to have a chat and companionship with someone living with HSV 2 (me since May 2021). Would be helpful to learn and understand from both perspectives, dating, disclosure, management etc. I suppose just nice to talk to with someone locally, since isolation and all that kinda sets in after initial diagnosis.. 😞

Peace out 🙂

On 11/15/2020 at 2:34 PM, Lucy20 said:

Recently diagnosed and having a hard time after an emotional 4 months of being misdiagnosed.

I would love to have someone to talk to about this as it’s been a daily struggle pain wise/emotionally. GHSV1. I’m 28 female in WA state area. Male or Female - no preference.  Looking for guidance, some reassurance, and some tips and inspiration to get through this. 

Hey, im new to this too. From NSW Sydney, happy to chat anytime. Take care and keep your chin up 😀

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone. I’m glad Google found this support group for me.  I just found out 5 months ago and got on medication in July.  My obgyn didn’t test me, I got tested for everything after ending a 4 year relationship. My fiancé didn’t give it to me, I’m pretty sure it was someone after he and I split. I’m depressed, have low self esteem, resulted to a  life of celibacy and I  feel lonely. I’m 33. I’d like a support buddy, male or female. I’m in Texas. Private message me please. 

• Like 1
On 5/31/2021 at 10:55 PM, Better_Days1612 said:

I am a 33 year old female living in the Dallas, TX, USA area. I was recently diagnosed and I am looking for H buddies to talk to who understand what I'm going through. 

Hey my love! I’m in Dallas as well. I’d like to be your h buddy. I’m 33. I feel lost, depressed amongst other things. Maybe we can support one another and get through this stigma together. I know people of plenty with this disease. They are in relationships, having babies etc. just trying to finding the strength after diagnosis to talk to someone who I feel I can trust.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I am a 32 year old female , living in the UK (north west England near Manchester and Liverpool) , dating,  I am a distance runner very active and outdoorsy , anyone similar get in touch and we can support each-other through the various challenges we are facing x

• Like 2

Hi,

I was diagnosed 9yrs ago and recently moved to NC with no friends or family and had the idea of joining something like this for a while. If anyone has any questions or just needs support I’m here. 9yrs is a long time so I have experience with the beast lol. Don’t hesitate 😊

your future H buddy ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've had the herp for almost ten years. Im trying to be more open about it but I think it'd be nice to have a buddy to get advice from for things such as disclosing. I'm in the bay area in California. Feel free to message me. 

Oh a little about me. I'm a 29 year old male. Pretty laid back. Enjoy the outdoors and playing music. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, i'm a 20yo Male living in Indonesia. I was recently diagnosed, and honestly my mental health is going spirally down and sometimes had suicidal thoughts because of my overthinking and the stigma surrounding any STD's in Indonesia. I am looking for any H buddies that would talk with me or maybe could give me some advice in life. thank you:)

• Like 2

Hello, @BidauGustang!! 

I hope you are well. Sorry for the delayed reply!

I am so sorry that you have been struggling with the emotional weight of HSV. Please know that you are worthy of love and happiness. You are not defined by your HSV, a common virus that 2/3 of people have one form of! Stigmas are societal constructs... They are influenced by fear and misunderstandings, and are NOT based on truth or facts. You are NOT dirty. You are not bad. You have no reason to feel shame or guilt. You are pure. You are good. Hold your head high and be kind to yourself. 

Suicidal thoughts can be really scary. Remember that you deserve to live. These thoughts are often manifestation of stress, however of you ever feel like you would act on thoughts or they become too overwhelming, there are helpline numbers to call, listed for Indonesia here (the link did not show up as clickable but copy and pasting the link into a browser should work!): https://www.opencounseling.com/hotlines-id

One of the numbers listed is +62 813 14988214.

Another awesome resource based in the US  is https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/

Please reach out if you have questions or you need a friend. We are here to support you however you need. You are not alone. You are strong and you are so much stronger than you know. You can do this! 

Sending Blessings of Happiness and Healing Your Way 🌻🌄!!

-- Grace

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@Charlie Brown Hello,

I am so sorry that you are struggling. Please know and hold onto the truth, the truth that you are worthy of love and kindness, that you are more than your pain and suffering, that things will get better, and that you are not alone. We are all here to support you! 💛

Have you experienced any sores, or is it all other symptoms minus the sores? Have you noticed the Valtrex working? 

I am praying for you. Stay strong! 💛☀️ Feel free to direct message me or post again to the forum if you need any support. 

Blessings,

grace

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm very new to this! I was diagnosed with HSV-1 a couple of days ago. I'm a 22 year old male college student. I would appreciate having someone to chat with, maybe over messages at first. I don't have any preferences about gender, but it would be extra helpful to chat with another trans person with herpes if there's anyone out there. Location doesn't matter. I don't know that I'm in a position to give support yet, though I am totally willing to listen and give empathy. Needing help processing this news and feeling less alone. 

• Like 1

I just found out I have HSV2 . . . I am at a total loss. I got divorced this year and was having the time of my life being single. I used condoms every time until I trusted the wrong guy. We had unprotected sex once. Three days later, I got a tiny cut on my vagina. I went to urgent care and had it swabbed, and it was negative. Blood test also negative. The doctor reassured me it wasn't herpes and I came to believe it was just a scratch. Yesterday, I noticed the same tiny cut in the exact same spot, and also a small rash on my buttocks. Went to the doctor who swabbed the rash . . . HSV2.

I feel so terrible. I had sex with someone (protected) between outbreaks because I thought I was negative. Do I have to tell him? What about the person who most likely gave it to me? He basically ghosted me a month ago and we haven't spoken . . . I feel so alone and scared.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Hi, 
 I had my first flare about a year ago about 2 months after having unprotected sex, and I wrote it off as a rash from the gym. Over the last year I had repeated spots appearing in the same area, very minor, more annoying than anything. I’ve been abstinent this whole time because I had suspicions. My suspicions were confirmed last week with a HSV-2 pos result at my annual checkup. I have been flooding myself with as much information as possible. As a result I’ve been telling my closest circle of friends. Thankfully two are HPV-pos and two are HSV-1 pos. So I’m feeling some good support already. However I’m still hoping to not only find a community, but to also provide/receive support. I think because I had a suspicion of what was going on, that the news isn’t hitting me as hard as I thought. But I’m sure I’ll have my breakdown soon once the adrenaline wears off (lol). Anyways, here to chat and have a good cry with anyone if needed 🙂

• Like 1

@Jessica88 Hello!

I hope you are well. 

Thank you for sharing your story. I can personally relate, as when I had my first outbreak I thought it was due to biking at the gym! It's really amazing that you played it safe and remained abstinent and that you are researching about everything. Knowledge is power! 🙂 It is amazing that you have a supportive group of friends. I hope they are all doing well, too! ❤️ 

Feel free to reach out anytime!! We are here for you ❤️ 

Sending blessings and prayers your way 🌻☀️💛 !!!

grace

• Like 1

Good morning all,

I’m a 56 year old female living in the DMV area (DC, Maryland, and Virginia).  Looking for H buddy to chat with.  I just recently been diagnosed with HSV1.

I’m very happy to have found this forum.  Thanks to the creators and all who contribute to tell their stories.  It has helped me.  Peace and love to all.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all!  I’m a 39 yo female in Minneapolis/St Paul, MN. Diagnosed a few months ago and would really appreciate connecting with others who have been through this, or are maybe also just at the beginning like myself. Thankful for this forum and community!!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, dyrose said:

Hi there Lynsi,

I was diagnosed in early March of this year.  You’re not alone.  We can connect sometime when time allows.  I’m a 56 year old female in Northern Virginia.  

Hi @dyrose, thanks for your reply. It would be great to connect. Hope you are well. 

• Like 1