• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi (h) community!

Before posting here, please read our community guidelines:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1010/please-read-herpes-opportunity-community-guidelines/p1

I'd like to open it up to our community to post to this thread to find your own (h) buddy!

This is all about one-on-one live support, talking about something that for the most part isn't talked about. Simply talking about herpes with another person openly is healing and normalizing. Shame can only exist in the shadows, when it's not talked about. As much as typing out your feelings helps, I'm excited to get this community connecting on a more personal (live) level.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STEP 1: Post what you would like in a buddy in this thread.

SUGGESTIONS: Post here whether you'd like to have a buddy that's ...

- male/female

- in your area (if so, where do you live?)

- need support or would like to give support

- any other qualities you're looking for in a buddy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STEP 2: Private message whoever is a good match for you.

You can scan this (h) buddies thread and private message anyone who you're drawn to buddying with to either talk on the phone or Skype. Simple. 🙂

NOTE: PLEASE do not use this thread to market to people or otherwise spam them. And if anyone gets any message like that, please let me know ASAP so I can toss that offender from the boards. 😉

By the way, check out the video I put together about the H Opportunity weekend. Gets me choked up every time I watch it. 🙂

• Like 2

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hey! What a novel idea?!? You've personally put me in contact with two lovely ladies near and far from me, and for that I am thankful :)

I would like to offer up my support to anyone, male or female, who is interested in an HBuddy. This is code for, "Pick me! Pick me!". But seriously, I find that although I'm not the one to be shouting my STD status from the rooftops perse, I can and will do my part to be supportive through an email, text, phone call, coffee chat, whatever the scene might be.

I've had H for 7 years this month, happy anniversary to me! Where does the time go?? I was a young college coed without a care in the world, until bam. Herpes. I was 19, and was sure my dating days were being marked with a tombstone already. I can read from the various discussion boards, that we all come from difference places. Some chose love over herpes and were left with the bill afterwards, some were duped by someone they trusted.

Though it's not as widely publicized, I know that there are those of you out there who got herpes from rape, like myself. Can we say double whammy? I'd like to especially reach out to those people in this forum. We are trying to heal on two fronts and the more love the better I think :)

Here's a little quote to round out my comment: “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi, thirteenth century Sufi poet. Much love y'all!!

• Like 4

I think this is a great idea as well. I would love to have an HBuddy.

I am very new to this, so I may not have very much valuable experience and knowledge to give, but I can offer my love and support to anyone who needs it. I am a great listener. I also just started school for Social Work, so I think this all ties in together.

Anyone can feel free to send me a message as well :)

• Like 1

Sounds Great! Although I'm only 2 years in, I would love to be a support/have a buddy. Because I know from experience that giving and receiving are really the same thing.

I live on the East Coast. I know having a similar time zone often makes it easier to connect. Sharing the journey makes everything seem brighter. xo

This is exactly what I needed to find today! I've had hsv for almost 4 years and just ended things with my boyfriend/ father of my child of over 3.5 years. I thought finding love would be impossible and then I found him and then I forgot about coping with the herpes because I found someone who did not care. But now I'm single and the stress and depression from it is really coming on hard and need someone to talk to. I'm from Mn and would like a male and female buddy.

• Like 1

Hey Kaande05 and welcome!

Have you downloaded the free e-book yet? It's a great introduction to all the work we're doing here and the positive community we're building. Here's the link to that: http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

... and I'll private message you about us talking. I like to connect one-on-one with all new members to this site. Looking forward to talking soon!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I've been living with HSV-2 for over 20 years. I contracted it along with HPV from a guy I I was dating in college. That being said, I've been asymptomatic for years, but that does not exclude me from the disclosure talk. I've just recently had a very bad experience disclosing to a frightfully uneducated potential partner. It totally sucks to be rejected, but please always remember, they reject the HSV-2, and not you. I'm looking for buddies in any age range, any gender. I would be more than happy to mentor anyone, but would really love a woman in their 40s to help each other over this particular challenge.

• Like 3

Hey guys! Fairly new to the forum.... just finished talking to Adrial (I'm a total fangirl now!!!)I and about to disclose TOMORROW. (Still have the jitters!!) I'm 21, have no gender preference and am in the cincinnati are but spend a lot of time in chicago area. I've had HSV2 for 5 months. I will post about this sunday morning.... hoping (and pretty sure) it will go well!

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind someone to talk to, sounds like a great idea. No gender preference. I am a 24 year old female in West Central Florida.

It would be great to have someone to vent to, or to help out. Someone around the same age. I've been handling things well, but I haven't had to disclose to any one since I'm fresh out of a relationship. Eventually that time would come and I'd personally like to have someone there to talk to who has been in the same situation, male or female.

• Like 1