• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The acknowledgement thread: for WCSDancer, forum mom and a warrior of the heart

So as many of you know firsthand, @WCSDancer2010 (aka Pam) is lovingly called our Forum Mama. :) And there are many damn good reasons she's called that.

I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly appreciate all that you have brought to this community, Pam. And surround you with love.

You are one special, inspiring and dedicated woman. You tirelessly and graciously reach out to ALL of our community members here who need resources, hope, support ... and most importantly ... Love. Your heart is immense (and your sense of humor is on point, too). :) You're damn good at getting to the heart of the matter with people. And your tough love is beyond measure. I love how you bring it to these forums day after day. To me, you are a machine of love. Chuggin' right along. ;)

You've only been here 1.5 months, but to me, it feels like you've always been an integral part of the Herpes Opportunity family. You came to the H Opp with so much zest, inspiration and a huge overflowing heart ... dedicated to using your experience with herpes as a gift to so many people on these forums. That's what it's all about. We are all wounded healers here. And you epitomize that to me. Without you, I don't know that I would be able to put so much energy and focus into building out this H Opportunity @ home course (can't wait to share!).

I'm honored to have you as such an integral part of our growing community, Pam.

THANK YOU for all you do for all of us. Your service and heart doesn't go unnoticed for a second. Not a second. There are so many beautiful things to be done in this Opportunity Movement. And we've only just begun.

So everyone, this is a thread for Pam.

To acknowledge all of what she has done here and continues to do here.

I invite each of you — who has been touched by Pam's heart — to post a comment on this thread that speaks to just that: How has she helped you? How has she given you hope? How has she touched your heart?

Let's all blast her with some much-deserved love and acknowledgements, shall we?

So ... who's first? ;)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

You danced into our lives from somewhere in the shadows and brought light and levity into our darkest of days. You are a friend, a confidant, and a cheerleader for anyone who comes to you for assistance. Reading your story gave me strength to write my own, and I look forward to knowing you for years to come.

PAM!! You have a courage and a confidence that I can only aspire to. You know yourself completely, and have an insight into others that is both piercing and kind. You are unrelenting in your values, and as a result you are unfazed by negativity.

Adrial put it precisely - you get to the heart of the matter, even if, after reading a narrative, the revelation you have to offer about a person's underlying thoughts or attitudes can be uncomfortable. Wisdom is listening to a stream and hearing the stones below. (I made that up, but think it describes you! You know what questions the soul is asking even if the story is defiant.)

But most of all among all the things I could want to say to my Forum Mama, is that I can only hope for the privilege of one day experiencing, in person, a triple parenthetical (((HUG)))!

Pam,

First of all, your response to my own post really was so appreciated. Your activity here is worth so much. Being a new person to this site myself, when I see others posts and notice that there are people like you who can be relied on for support and help, I know that really does motivate people to contribute their experiences and questions here, which I have benefitted from tremendously in the past week that I've been here.

Everything Adrial said is so true. Hugs to you for being so great. I have the feeling you would be a wonderful person to know in real life.

Cheers!

I LOVE PAM! She is my "H momma." I get tough love and encouragement both from this woman. You are so enlightening and have made me straighten the hell up on days where I didn't think I could be strong. You are such a strong woman and I know I can speak for everyone here when I say this, you are a Godsend to many of us and I can't begin to tell you how your thoughts, words, and tough love have helped so many of us. Thank you for being you. Thank you for being strong when I can't. Thank you for being a light in my own life when all I have been able to see is darkness. Big hugs.

Pam, you inspired me so much, that I took one step out of the closet. Since that day Things have got better for me. I have disclosed to friends with positive outcomes and to my sister. They all love me just the same, but are now educated on the topic ! I was amazed that my sister didn't even realise that her cold sores she gets on her lip once or twice a year is herpes. She does now :-) I have encouraged a friend to join here because she also has H. And both her and my sister are jealous of the connections I have made on this site through H bud, which I also give you credit for because you helped me over come fears to post on this forum more and in doing so I have developed special bonds with people one whom I think I will be friends with for a very long time. I have come along so far on my H journey !! I feel like I am actually becoming the person I should have always being, almost like I have seen the light !!

Dancer you are a true shining light that glows bright giving direction when people get lost in the darkest of days. Don't you ever fade away lady xxx

Pam. (: First off I just wanted to say thank you to you. You were one of the first people who reached out to me on here. I have only been on here for about a week now and I appreciate every comment and advice that you have to give. I look up to you. You are an inspiration to me, and make me feel like I am doing a good job at helping with the inspiration around here as well. (:

Thanks for your love and kindness.

Pam,

Adrian said it perfectly!! You have been so quick to reply and be supportive of our posts. You're so positive, inspiring, and loving. Youve made it easy to open up to look for advice. Thank you for everything you have done for me in the last few days. You're very special to this site and I'm sure to all of us. Lots of hugs to you and thank you for all the hugs!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! :) :)

Pam...you truly are such encouragment and inspiration. I take great support personally from the words you share! "All honey"...is one meaning of this name and you are so incredibly sweet even when sharing hard truths b/c you share with such love. Thank you for being so inspiring. From one Pam to another <3