• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I love this idea!! I am 42 live in the Seattle area and have been H+ for 21 years. I'm female and been engaged for 6 years with a very supportive partner. Although I have been spent most of those years nearly OB free, having one about once or twice a year. Seems that with age I'm getting them more often than I ever did. I'd love to meet someone in my area for a walk or lunch and talk bout successes and rants if we so feel the need. Thanks!!

Hi, I'm here here mainly for support. I just found out yesterday that I have H. Honestly, I go numb to bad news. I feel nothing, almost like I'm in shock and that isn't good. I don't have much to say because I have no words to really express what I feel. I just want someone to talk to.

I am a 21 year old female, and would like to have another female buddy to talk with. I believe I was misdiagnosed for a yeast infection. I'm scared and don't know how to go about telling this guy I recently met. I like him a lot, but we've already had intercourse. At the time I had no symptoms of anything, and the very next day I conveniently had my gyno appointment. It wasn't until this morning when I felt more pain that I saw ulcers. I don't know how to go about telling this guy. I'm requesting labs tomorrow and don't know if I should wait.

Basically I don't know how to explain to my current partner or future partners if the current partner cannot accept it. I feel lost, and didn't think this would happen to me.

Thanks

28 year old male from Los Angeles...just diagnosed yesterday. Upset at myself for not being more careful. Listened to a few podcasts and read a few stories to try and get me through this. I've done everything right til this point (successful career, homeowner, business owner) but I'm extremely disappointed this happened to me. Looking for moral support from male or female hopefully in the Los Angeles area but any support will do. Thank you.

Hi!!

Anyone in the New Orleans area that needs a buddy?

But if anyone from anywhere needs anyone to talk, I am here!!

I have had HSV2 for almost 3 years.

I am a 31 year old Female.

I am willing to help make a change in the world to where anyone who has an STI does not have to feel ashamed, damaged, or disgusting in any way. If anyone makes you feel like you aren't worthy of anything good in life because you had sex like almost everyone on this planet, then they really should have a little closer look on how life works. S**t happens, and no one is invisible to anything in this world.

Don't sell yourself short, and having an STI is not an automatic excuse for ANYONE to treat you differently or make you feel like you are not a human being.

I hope this reaches out to someone who needs it. I have been in a bad place before, and I wanted to shed some light on how great you really are!

Hello all, I've posted on here before but it seems to not be very efficient in finding buddies lol. So here I am again. I currently live in Humboldt County, but I'm from the Coachella Valley in Southern Cali. I visit Pasadena a lot too so if anyone from either of those areas would interested in making a new friend hit me up:) Oh and I'm 25, turning 26 very soon!

Hey desertlove! This buddies thread is a 2-way street, so feel free to also private message anyone else who is posting here, too. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hey everyone I literally just found out on Thursday that I tested positive for HSV 2 I'm so filled with emotions and to be honest I feel like my world has ended ,, I'm taking this so very hard I already lost 2 people in my life because of this and the only wasn't supportive and she was my bestfriend I haven't told anyone else and just really need a buddy to help keep me sane before I lose it,, I've actually been planning my death for next summer when my kids leave to their dads because I just don't want to live like this! I'm in the Las Vegas area if anyone can help I'm begging you to reach out to me

Hello, first time poster, long time herpes haver. I am looking for a male and/or female buddy and support. I am 33 years old and have had herpes for over 10 years. Found out when I was pregnant with my second daughter. I was with the person who gave it to me, so even though I felt shame from it, I just kind of tucked it away and didn't think about it. I've been out of that relationship for about 2 years and now I think about having herpes almost everyday. I have told a few close friends and they don't judge or treat me any different, but I don't think they understand the fear of meeting new people. I can usually fake confidence pretty well, but anything personal or intimate and i wilt. I feel alone with my thoughts and sometimes struggle with the fear that love is out of the question for me, 2 kids AND herpes... Just looking for different perspectives and maybe meet new friends without the weight of my secret on my chest. Thankful to have found this community. I am currently near Columbus, Ohio.

Hi, im so glad I found this forum! ive had herpes for 4 years. After my first outbreak nothing for 6 months. Since then ive had recurrent outbreaks for 3.5 years. The longest time with no outbreak was 19 days. Im struggling. Ive been to see my GP, acupuncture, naturopath, herbalist, kinesiologist etc. I eat clean, exercise etc but no respite. Now I have constant nerve pain and can't sleep. Im based in New Zealand but would love to have a female buddy based anywhere to chat to. Thanks in advance for the support.

Hi. I live in Tucson, AZ. If there is anyone on this site from Tucson let me know. It's good to have people that understand what we are going through as a community. Males or females welcome to contact me, I am a 35yo female, diagnosed with H2 within the last 8 months. I am actually in a really good place mentally with this and have learned to suppress it to the point of asymptomatic without meds. We could share and streamline methods. It would be nice to have someone locally. :)

Reading many of your posts, I just want to say that you're all amazing. Courage to reach out and be open to discussing issues, being present, being vulnerable. It's all amazing. I want to be buddies with everyone!

I got diagnosed 2 weeks ago. I'm 45, single and afraid that I won't be able to find LTR/marriage. It's really important to me and it was hard enough as it was prior to diagnosis. Not sure how you all handle things with regard to relationships. Would love to get insight from anyone, make or female, from anywhere on this.

I'm in Denver so if anyone wants a buddie to chat with, relate with or vent to, I'm around.

Hi I'm in Tucson, AZ. I got diagnosed about 8 months ago. I have pretty much have H2 to the point where I have been suppressing it naturally without the use of antivirals. Asymptomatic. I am a 35 yo f RN down here, so I have an in to all of the jargon. Feel free to reach out to me.

Good luck!

Tera :)

Hi....

I just joined this site today (9.15.26).... I learned about it from the blog of Ella Dawson, who's TED Talk I was referred to by someone on the Whisper app.

I'm a 35 year old female and I just got diagnosed with HSV 2 in May.... When I just started having sex in April of this year, so it was very devastating information for me. I felt like my sex life was over before it even started. Not sure where I got it... My ex got tested and said he was clean, but I never saw the actual results, so I can't be sure.

I didn't have sex for the longest time because I was afraid of getting pregnant or getting an STD... And I used condoms.... And one broke... So I got a pregnancy scare and turns out I got an STD.... FML.

II would be interested in a buddy that has had HSV 2 for a while so I can get some support and insight. Female... Anywhere, really.

Last week I was diagnosed with HSV2. It was diagnosed through a blood test. I am looking for someone to chat with. I am a woman in my late 30's. I have never had a typical outbreak though I now wonder what symptoms I had that I missed. I am feeling shameful, embarrassed and guilty. I could really use a buddy at this point to help me navigate this new world.

I was recently diagnosed with hsv2. Initially I thought it was something I would be able to beat, by eating healthy. The reality has now hit, and I am drained from the thought of in in my body. I have being doing my own research and has stated taking supplements. Some of which from the effects makes me doubt there safety in my body. I am here on this site, hoping to find comfort from someone who is going through this. I feel as if my life is slowly drifting away, as the lack of support is slowly killing me emotionally. I live in the Bronx of NY. Please, will someone tell me something. Will I be able to date freely?

Hey there ! It's been a while since I've been on this forum, but I felt the strong need to come back and find some support from this amazing support system. I am a 25 year old female living currently in Surrey area , British Columbia. I was diagnosed just over a year ago with HSV2. Found out while in a relationship (though I can't honestly believe I got it from him, but you never know) I am now single, and I have my very optimistic days, but still many days of doubt that I can regain my confidence in pursuing relationships/sex. I am very confident in my self as a person (for the most part) but herpes definitely has had a way of feeling like it overshadows all the good. Would love to chat with someone, male or female, to gain some perspective and support. Thanks!! :)