• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I could use a buddy right now. Recently diagnosed hsv2 and working through it the best I know how. I'm female, 37, living in Jacksonville, FL. While it might be nice to find a buddy in my area, most local sites I've found seem to revolve around dating, which is cool, but maybe not what I'm ready for yet. My self worth is still low right now, I need to be in a better place with myself before I can think about that. So, I guess it doesn't really matter what area they're in, would be nice to find a guy anywhere to talk and relate to.

Hi! I'm a 41yo woman in the Portland, Oregon, area and would love a kick-ass, positive female buddy in her 30s or 40s in this area, maybe someone who's outdoorsy and athletic and social like I am. :) I was diagnosed with HSV2 a year and a half ago, and my first post-diagnosis relationship just ended. I'm struggling with a) the loss of the relationship with the first man I disclosed to and was understandably thus very attached to; and b) gearing up to get back into the dating world and thinking about having the disclosure conversation again. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to this site as I was just diagnosed with HSV 2 two weeks ago. I'm in college and It's been very difficult so far so I'm just looking for someone to talk to. I'm in the Tampa, FL area and I don't have a preference male or female (I'm female), just someone who was also maybe diagnosed when they were young and in college and has some advice!

Hi everyone,

I am very much interested in finding an buddy for support, conversation, and anything else that may come up. I am a 23 year old female living in Phoenix, AZ and I was diagnosed with HSV-2 about 2 months ago. I would like both a male and female buddy because I want to better understand both perspectives. Meeting in person would be amazing but talking via internet isn't bad either. I feel physically healthy, but am struggling mentally. Any and all support is welcome! :) Hope to hear from one of you soon.

Next community support call set for Sunday, November 20 from 8-10p EST!

Here are all the details, folks:

https://herpesopportunity.com/support-call.html

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I would also love a buddy. I was diagnosed three weeks ago with HSV2. I am 30 and live in Manhattan. It would be great to find someone in their 30s or early 40s who has had this for a while. I'm at the stage where I am determined to move forward and eat very healthy and take care of myself; I would like to start dating again sooner rather than later but need to get to know myself again. No preference for location. hopefully we can end up supporting each other! Any takers? Please message me

• 2 weeks later...

Hello buddies I am a 26 year old female with hsv2. Your posts have really helped me. Im not from the US and I come from a society where HSV is stigmatized and seen as something life threatening and people discriminate. I would really like a pen pal someone who can support me and I will support them too. I have a long way to go in terms of self esteem and dating. I am still trying to learn how to live with HSV and you guys have been an awesome source of solace.

What a fantastic idea!

I'm very new to this all so would appreciate having someone to talk to and who can guide me through this herpes maze.

I live in the UK so am not quite sure if any other members are from the UK too but I would appreciate talking with someone who has had more experience with living with the big H whether they're here in the UK or not (Skype and Instant Messaging helps bring us together and so lessens the distance).

I don't mind if it's a male or a female and hope that once I'm a more seasoned member, I too can offer my experience and support to someone else in turn.

Thanks! :-)

Awaiting the actual culture test results to confirm, but the doctor was pretty certain its H. I have cried many times in the past few days since I have found out. I can't help but feel disgusting and ashamed...not to mention the physical pain I am in. My lymph nodes are swollen causing my right hip to be numb/tingling. My sores are itchy and painful. Really in need of a buddy who can help get me through this hard time and accept my new life. Afraid of what is to come and not sure how I am going to live like this. I live in the NYC area.

Hi! this is my first post!

I love this idea and for sure would love to have an H buddy, I am new to this as well an really need a buddy that has a little more experience in this.

That said I am a great listener and look forward to have an H buddy. I am Female, 31 years old living in NYC

Hey! I'm Ryan—25, male. I was diagnosed about 4 months ago. Looking for a buddy (no gender preference) to message, Skype, and maybe meet in person (I'm in the Phoenix area).

It's been strange dealing with this. Some months the mental strain is really difficult, and others I hardly think about it all. I'd love to hear how different people find their own mental peace and resilience :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adam 35 UK. Hey everyone, so I have had herpes since I was 17, so 18 years. However, whilst the physical side has been a complete non issue, I still haven't really come to terms with it emotionally, still feelings of shame and fear especially in regards to initimate relationships. I would love to speak to someone who has come through the other side and really reclaimed their sexuality and identity post herpes as I feel I am ready to take that step. M or F, Near or Far, age not an issue! Hopefully then I can help someone else.

• Like 1

Hey very new to this and any form of support, but I am over joyed I have found a source. I have known for approximately 1month in a half that I have Herpes, when it was found out immediately after my boyfriend at the time went in tested, came back negative. As of literaly yesterday he officially decided to call it a "deal breaker", so as you know Im suffering with pain and rejection. I would love to have someone whose been here & even someone I can maybe encourage as well.

Hey all! This is a great idea :)

I am a 22 year old female who was diagnosed with HSV2 a few months ago, and has been dealing with some anxiety from it. I know that there are other people my age who have it, but it's never talked about!

I'd love to have a fellow girl to talk to about it. I'm in the San Diego area. :)

I'd love to reach out to someone male or female for advice!!! My name is chelsea and I'm 22 and single. I'm from south Mississippi. I have been diagnosed with HSV for over 2 years now. I absolutely hate this disease. I hate having to tell someone about it before we date and being judged because of it. It makes me feel like less of a person. But feel free to message me on here!!!1

Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 20 and graduating in May with my bachelor's in theatre, performance and directing specifically. I'm originally from south Texas but I go to college in Natchitoches, Louisiana, so I bounce between the states a lot. It would be really amazing to find someone living near me to talk to, but I'd gladly have a buddy from anywhere to text or Skype or something.

I have genital herpes, though I'm not sure if it is HSV 1 or 2.

I'd prefer to talk to a woman, since she'd have more understanding of how it's affecting my body.

I'm bisexual and currently seeing an H- woman. I don't see a lot of posts online about bi or lesbian women dealing with this, so if any of you ladies are lgbt it would be really amazing to hear from you.

I just got diagnosed this week and I'm still trying to figure it out and deal with my first OB, which is really excrutiating. I'd love some advice from those of you with more experience, and I'd also really like to talk to others in the beginning stages of this.

I'm a pretty open book and easy to talk to. I just really want to connect with you and hope to meet some friends on here.

I'd like a buddy! Male or Female. I'm in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC. I was exposed to the virus from my ex-husband. I am not sure how long I've had it, but I just recently stepped into the dating game for the first time with the virus. I also have 2 children. It would be great to talk to someone in the same boat!