• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I was diagnosed worth hsv type 1 about 4 years ago and still am lost on some matters, I could use a person who also has it and can relate to things that I am feeling with it. 26 yo female in Wisconsin, I'm good with talking and listening to anyone!

I was just diagnosed last week with hsv2. I'm female, mid twenties and from New Jersey. I'd be interested to talk to someone for support, advice, and just tips on dealing with outbreaks and how to break the news to new partners.

Hey everyone! I'm female, mid twenties, living in the dfw area. Just joined this online forum looking for some friends to be able to talk through all of this! Message me if you're interested. Anywhere on the gender spectrum welcome :)

*I'm especially seeking support from people who also got herpes from being assaulted.

Hey everyone! I was just recently diagnosed with both strains of HSV and am looking for someone to talk to or any advice about outbreaks, disclosing to new partners, etc. I'm a 25 female in NYC, any gender or age welcome! Hoping to find other people in the same boat.

hello! I'm 34 and female around the Philadelphia area. I got diagnosed exactly month ago. The day before my birthday so that sucked. I'm looking for some friends to chat with. I told a couple of friends and one actually disclosed to me that she had it but hadn't had an outbreak in a few years. She's in a LTR and he never got it from her either, so that helped immensely. Hope to hear from some fun chatty people.

Hi everyone. I've had HSV2 for a few years now and would like someone to chat with for some extra support. I'm a 29 year old female American living in South Korea. I'm starting to get back into the dating game but need a confidence boost. I'm a very private person so I feel a little uncomfortable putting my life story out in the open but will open up one-on-one =). I would love to chat with anyone, any age, any gender. =) Thanks y'all!

Hello- I was diagnosed a few days ago, but my doc thinks I've had it for a long time, didn't know or have symptoms except yrs ago when I was younger & didn't know or get tested back then, since then was married for almost 30 yrs, divorced almost 2 yrs ago & recently got back into dating so have been intimate w/several men & decided to get tested with the most recent man I have been with- shocking to find out I have both HSV1 & 2. He didn't take the news very well, it is devastating news. Los Angeles Ca. area if anyone is open to talk, need any advice or support. Thanks, D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. New here and was only diagnosed a few weeks ago. I have no idea what I'm looking for in an H buddy, to be honest. I'm just trying to figure things out and move forward. Most days I feel I have a decent handle on things. But others, I'm like "I'm 38 years old! I managed to stay "clean" all this time, and now... my FIRST post-separation/divorce relationship and I get herpes. FML." So I suppose I'd just like a buddy who's been there/done that. Or even someone new to this H-club to commiserate with. I'm sure anything would be great at this point.