• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi. I just found out last week that I had H. I'm a 24 year old chemistry graduate student looking for new friends to talk to. I'd love both male and female so that I can get perspective and advice. If you live in atlanta that's even better (I'd really like to have a real life friend if possible). My name is Alli, feel free to message me! Right now I'm doing everything I can to make OB#1 go away and I'm loving that I've found this conmunity :)

Hi! I am brand new to this forum, well really any forum relating to this. I am a 27 y/o female and was diagnosed with HSV2 almost exactly a year ago. I developed the Virus after a boyfriend at the time gave it to me without disclosing he had it. He tried to cover his outbreak as a yeast infection. I have had relationships, with full disclosure, and have not had an official breakout since my initial -- which was AWFUL! My initial was severe and painful. I have A LOT of questions, specifically on shedding and signs of a an outbreak. I would love to chat with another female to compare notes. I am on daily antiviral therapy (Valtrex), but think I might currently have a sore. I need to schedule a doc appt to confirm, but would love to still have someone to chat with to share stories.

Hello! I am a 24 year old gal and found out a couple of months ago that I have HSV 2 and have been struggling to cope with it. I would LOVE someone to talk to (male or female). I have told 2 people in my life and I felt such a relief but I feel like it would really help to talk to someone who actually knows what I am going through. I'm from Texas and being able to talk to someone from the same state would be great but its definitely not a must.

Hey Boston mass here , female 21 , looking for any one local or not , make or female . I just need to talk about this with someone who understands . This is my first week and I'm crushed . Pm me if you'd like , we can help each other

Hi everyone I'm 41 years old and I've been living with genital herpes for 23 yrs. Even though it's been a long time for me, I still have those random struggles with depression and embarassment with OB. I haven't been in many relationships after being diagnosed but I will disclose this to someone I feel that an intimate connection is evolving so they can know what they are getting themselves involved in. I never really talk about this because I struggle to find a comfort level about having herpes but it is my reality. I probably should have had therapy because I was devastated when I was told that I have this and it literally made me just want to give up at that time but I'm still here. So as a way to constantly strive for self acceptance, I want to encourage you all that you can live a normal life and have healthy relationships. The key is to be honest with your partner as well as with yourself. You are not disgusting and you are not some plague that people will run away from. Understand that who ever you choose to be in a relationship with and they don't have herpes that there will be a silent fear for them of getting it. Being open and not ashamed to talk about it will only help the both of you to deal with something of this magnitude. I'm not going to deny that there are many times when I wish that I never got this but my goal is to not dwell on the past. I hope my words will help anybody who is struggling with having herpes and time has been my coping mechanism but I too need people to talk about how I feel.

Hi All.

I'm 24, Female, from NYC. I've been recently diagnosed with GH type 2 and I'm trying to deal with it in a positive way. However, I do get depressed and sad at times, so I am looking for someone to chat with. Someone locally, male or female, would be so cool. Would love to chat. Thanks!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and was diagnosed fairly recently. While I have the support from the two people I have told, I still don't feel like they quite get it. I'm a 21 year old female and would love to have some people to talk to who are going through the same thing. I've had a positive attitude throughout this whole thing, but it does get hard at times, especially when I hear friends who don't know make STD jokes. I am from the LA area but location is not a big deal to me. I'd just really like someone to talk to :)

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with Genital HSV(1) about a month ago. I am a 20 ( almost 21) year old female from Southern California. I would really appreciate having someone to talk to about this. I'm already in the midst of my second outbreak! So as you could imagine, I'm truly struggling with this. Just looking for someone who can help me stay positive and figure this whole thing out.

Hey Lovelies! We all need someone to talk to... confide in, share with. I'm down to be that for you if you're down to be that for me =). I live in Canada but that's why there's Skype! Near or far, just shoot me a msg. Xo!

Guess I'll add myself to this list. Been dealing with this for almost two months now. Early 30s male in the Northern Virginia area. Wouldn't mind a friend to talk to. Gender neutral, just someone who can hold a conversation and be a friend. As much as I want relationships in the future now is clearly not the time for me.

I would like to find a H buddy somewhere close to Northwest AR or Oklahoma or Missouri. I'm struggling with my recent diagnosis with a lot of guilt, doubt and over analyzing practically everything about this. I'm 30, white man and hope to find a women to talk to about this and how to accept this and move forward being HSV-2 positive. I would like some help here....

I'd like a H buddy:) Im a 19 year old girl from the UK. I don't have H thankfully but my new boyfriend does. Is there anyone in a similar situation to me or thinks they might have something in common based on my posts. Im up for skypes, emails etc so please don't hesitate to reach out. I'd like to be able to support others to from but can only really do this from a H-free point of view although of course I'll listen and share any experiences if that helps!

L x

I'm looking for an H buddy. I'm 24 female and ilive in La. Iwas diagnosed in September 8 2012. Just recently broke up with my bf of 3 years and just need an H buddy to talk to and vent. I'm terrified to date or even to sleep with someone who doesn't know ihave it. Anyone who lives close would be cool but if you don't that's fine. Just need a friend to help me threw this new chapter of my life

Hello I'm new to this and looking for ppl just like myself.. I've been told I had herpes when I was 18 pregnant with my first child.. I was so lost and scared and was pretty much out of control and not ready to accept what was told to me.. Now that I'm older I'm starting to feel more along on this..i just started reading about this and to find out a lot of ppl have this and never even no.. I need friends and answers cuz I'm starting to feel lost on who I am as a person.. Help

Hi guys! Please feel free to shoot me a message when you're in need of someone to talk to. I have been through the mental/emotional anguish of this virus, and came out on the winning end. Recently I have had a disclosure success (my 1st time telling someone ever) and I can't even begin to tell you how much better and lighter I feel. I avoided relationships for 8 years because I was avoiding sex because that meant I would need to have the conversation about my STD/STI status. I'm here if you need me!

Anyone near Clear Lake, Texas??? I want to talk / meet someone, soon. I haven't told any of my friends or family I feel like I will go loco.

I appreciate the site but I just need someone to talk to; that knows what the hell I am going thru. Uuuuggghhhh

I found out on the 10th of this month.

Hi all! I'm a 27-year-old girl in Northern CA. In the 10 months since I found out I was H+, I've been so lucky to have some incredibly sweet & supportive friends, but the fact is that none of them actually have it. I would love to chat with anyone (male or female), be it venting about our ups & downs or even just comparing health notes. Message me :)

Hey im a 20 year old girl from london, i'd love someone to talk to I dont really care if you're male or female or how old you are, it would just be good to have some support as I've only had it for a year and i'm only just coming to terms with it...thanks! :)