• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi all!

I'm here to offer my buddy-ness to the cause. Firends and family have kept me together in this first year of diagnosis, and I'm here to pay it forward.

Message me if you need a friend! (I'm looking at you, @seeker)

I know some of you might live in relatively obscure places, so if any of you need an H-Buddy in Puerto Rico, here I am! Say hi, and let's chat :D

Hi, newcomer here - diagnosed two months ago but was happy to just read until now. Thanks to everyone that shared their experiences and made this bubble seem a bit bigger! Still a little uneasy about the situation, but the more questions answered, the better I feel. I'm a 26 year old guy in Lancs, UK and happy to chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm a 25 year old female just diagnosed a couple of weeks. I think I had it for years since my levels were so high. I never had an outbreak or least don't think so, and I don't know who gave it to me. I would love to have a H buddy. near or far. Male or female. I live in the Cincinnati area

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the site (1 week maybe?) and almost 2 years into my genital HSV diagnosis. My name says forgivenessandpeace more because that is my GOAL rather than my reality, for the moment. My intention is to harness GRACE and become even more awesomer than I could have been otherwise. Feel free to reach out to me and we will pull each other up and through this.

Hi all,

I was diagnosed a few months ago; looking for an H-Buddy in the Boston area. Honestly, I'm terrified of dating, disclosures, and rejection. I feel pretty okay with the fact that I have H, mostly due to support of ppl on this forum but alas, dating seems altogether like another ball of wax so to speak. I'm male but I'd be interested in having a buddy of either or both genders.

TY!

Hi all, I'm quite new here. Contracted HSV-2 when I was 17, that was 35 long years ago. For years, it rarely flared up... maybe 2-3 times a year, now seems like its always either coming or going and I'm on suppressive therapy. Very depressed about it lately. I have been extremely careful over the years, never passed it on (to my knowledge), married for 25 years, wife still not infected (condoms). Worst symptoms for me are massive headaches, that's when I know its coming. Headaches so bad I feel like its actually killing me.

Other than my wife or doctor, I have never spoken a word about it to anyone. I could use a buddy to relate to just to chat, male or female, doesn't matter.

Thanks for listening.

Hey! :)

I would love to have a herpes buddy, I live in Dominican Republic (NJ time + or -)

I'm a girl, I don't mind the gender of my buddy

I'm 20 and I found I have herpes a week ago

I'm new in the forum, and I hope I can interact with more people dealing with this life changing disease.

Thanks for reading,

Hi,

I´m a 29 year old girl from Costa Rica.

I just find out yesterday I have herpes, probably got it from a casual encounter a couple weeks ago, maybe from before, who knows? I can´t help feeling I ruined my life, was irresponsible and with people who don´t even care about me. I feel really lonely since I don´t know anyone here with the condition and haven´t been able to find a local support group. I know I´ll get over it but the coping is so overwhelming at the moment. Would love to speak with anyone that understands what I´m going through any gender or age. Thanks!

Hello!

I'm 24 year old female living in the U.S. I would love to have a herpbuddy to talk to about this. If there is anyone on here who has also been through PTSD or rape and now has herpes that wants to talk, I'd love to chat. I do not think I contracted herpes from being raped (6 years ago, just had my first OB this week) I think the shame, guilt, etc is compounded and complicated from both experiences.

Trying to beat back the anxiety!!!

I'm a 38 year old female in Florida, USA. I'm open to buddies. I don't care the sex, age or location. I've only been diagnosed in the last couple of weeks so I'm not sure how much help I could be to someone at this point. Right now I'm in the pity party stage - like a bad country song - boyfriend left me, blah blah blah

I'm gotten past the hurting part of being diagnosed with genital herpes. Now, I really want to help someone who is going through what I went through. Feel free to message me or we can meet up if you live close by.

I am 23 and living in Boulder, CO.

I really hope I can pay it forward!

Hello everyone! I was diagnosed a couple of months ago and I'm still in somewhat of awe. Somedays are better than others... And somedays I'm ok. I'm supporting myself no support from anyone else... I haven't confided in others at all. I would love to have a buddy in the Killeen area preferably female possibly military as well. Thank You!

Hi everyone. I just got diagnosed yesterday, even though I was pretty sure I have had it for about a month. I would like to be able to meet people who have it ... male or female. It would be nice to share stories and have someone to talk to. I am really worried about dating and how to go about doing that. :) I live in NH. Thank you ... this is a great idea and I am happy to have found this site.

Hello, 29 male recently diagnosed after a foolish drunken night. I would really like a guy around late 20s early 30s to chat to.

currently travelling, I was just starting to get some confidence with women, as previous to 2 years ago had no clue when it came to dating, this thing is now a big set back.

have some questions, would be great if someone could help. Thanks guyd