• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi! My name is Heather and just found out yesterday, that I have HSV 2. I am looking to meet new people, and make new friends that are also experiencing this. I live in Tennessee, and would like to be able to meet people locally, but location doesn't really matter too much. I have no preference to gender, just hoping to meet nice people who can possibly help a girl out on this long journey! : )

Hello everyone! I am new to the site & this is my first time talking about this subject online. I'm 24 and just moved to a new state and attending college. I just want to feel and know I'm not the only one going through this and talk to someone that knows how it feels. I would like to have a (h)buddy or (h)buddies to talk about the ups and downs and insecurities of having this. I found out 4 years ago I had herpes by blood work after the guy I was dating told me 3 months into our relationship, he had it for a few years.

Hello, most recent posters - welcome. If you want to chat about anything, I'm here -- as are bunches of other awesome folks. I bet those of you who just found out your test results are positive are going through a lot of the same things I am... So just know I'm one of the many people here who are on a similar road. Looking forward to getting to know you and your stories!

I Am Stronger

(25 y/o woman :) )

Hi everyone,

i am new to this site and even though i am 23 single mom to my 4 year old son with Herpes type 1 genetail have had it for about 8 yrs or so I still have trouble dealing with it and finding someone to love me with it lol.

having a buddy in town or near would be nice. Im from Tampa, Fl

Hello everyone!

I am brand new to the site, have had H for just over three years now, and still find it difficult to talk about. I love the idea of getting the opportunity to talk to other people dealing with the same struggles when it comes to living with this extra "baggage". I'm a 25 year old guy from NJ that would love to give support to anyone that needs it and would appreciate it in return. I've been in the dark for too long with this and I'm ready to make some changes in my life in order to not feel so held back!

Hello everyone,

I'm 26 and was diagnosed July of last year. Just recently broken up with from the person who gave it to me after 7 1/2 months dating. If anyone wants to talk about it, i'm still new to dealing with it on the single side of life now, but hey, there are a lot of good people on this site to talk to...and have much experience to share.

I am a 20 year old female and I was just diagnosed with herpes today... so i am sorry that this post is so crazy. I am so upset right now i just got off the phone with the doctor and she told me it was for sure herpes. I hate my self so much. I still do not know who gave this to me. You can call me a ***** or a **** all you want but i know im not. I made a ******* mistake and now i have to live with it for the rest of my life. I am in a very committed 2 year relationship with a man that i love more than life. We plan on marriage and a family together. And i ****** up and now i have this. I know people say bite the bullet, face the music, dont be selfish and just tell him. But i am in a very bad place right now mentally. I have a very bad substance abuse problem that i have have been trying to control for the last 2 years and am repeatedly unsuccessful. I just moved to a new area and don't know anyone except the *** hole i cheated on my boyfriend with. My boyfriend is all I have. He keeps me from jumping off a bridge. So i cannot CANNOT tell him and be alone. I am so obsessed with pinning down who gave this to me, but i was just told by my doctor there is no way to do that. Can someone please please talk to me. I am in a very very bad state of mind right now.

i am new to this forum and really need someone to talk to. I dont care if you are male or female or in my area or not.

Olivianna - read at the very beginning of this thread to see how the H Buddy system works. ;)

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/223/need-someone-to-talk-to-herpes-buddies/p1

... and to start a new discussion on the main forums:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/post/discussion/1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

HELLO IM NEW HERE looking for a buddy for each other to bounce off with.

GIVE AND RECIEVE SUPPORT

IM TRACY.

I am 39 years old. And for the month of November 2014 my birthday month I got Genital Herpes from a boyfriend, which once I realized this I dumped him.

I live in Connecticut, USA, East Coast.

Seeking someone to communicate with.

Seeking male or female, ages 39-44 roughly.

Someone in my state would be nice, but not necessary.

I use FACETIME, I could get skype not a problem.

THANK YOU.

Hello. I'm a 21 year old lass who lives in Nevada. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and have not spoken to anyone about it.

Though I feel more confident and self-assured than ever before, I also feel just as guilty and alone.

I've come to the point that maybe it's time for me to reach out and talk about this.

Learn even more about what I can do and hear other people's stories.

I suppose this would be considered a momentous step in my coping process.

I'd love for any of you to message me so we can talk. : )

hi! this is my first post. i'm a 23 year old college student who was diagnosed almost 2 years ago but i still have moments (sometimes days) of deep depression about my diagnosis and feel very alone. id love to be able to talk to someone who has a lot of knowledge and who can maybe help me get out of this pit of shame i've been in.

i'm so glad i was able to find a place like this. after reading some of the discussions it has really given me a little shining glimpse of hope for my future.

Hey, my name is Rebecca and I'm a 23 year old ER nurse. I joined the site yesterday and posted about needing a little support. I would like someone to talk to, whether is be a male or a female. I found on about two weeks ago that I was positive. Then a week ago my former boyfriend drops another bomb and tells me he can't deal with me him the H. I been slapped on the face two in two weeks.

I'm form Louisiana and would love to talk to someone out here, but I'm pretty open to talking to anyone for some support. I have FaceTime and Skype.

Thanks so much.

Hey!

My name is Leah, I just found out a week and half ago that I now have herpes two. I was stupid and didn't use a condom and found out the guy knowingly gave it to me. I've taken it day by day some days are harder then others. A support buddy would be awesome right now. I'm a 23 year old female in Saint Paul Minnesota.

Hi, I'm 24 (female) and was diagnosed with hsv-2 last week. My bf didn't know he had it. I am currently experiencing mild cold sore and mild genital symptoms. I'm confused and even more depressed. Now everyone will see it. Anyway I'm from NYC and would love a buddy that has hsv-2, oral or genital, male or female. Looking forward to speaking to someone.