• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I am 37 and a single mom of 3 awesome kids. I was diagnosed 6 months ago and still trying to figure out my body and all the information out there on this. It seems overwhelming, but I have a positive personality and a high profile job and needed to get over the shame quickly. I am not letting this define me and I love that I found this support online and reading all of the stories truly helps you not feel alone, since that is how I feel in this small town of mine, with limited dating already...lol! I can't change my past, but I can decide how I am going to manage my future and I would like to help others along the way and make some friends. So message me if you want :)

Hi, everyone, I am male 30. I was diagnosed with HSV 1 (genital) just 2 weeks ago with IgG =9.0. The 1st 3 days is really traumatic especially with the dilemma have to tell my gf about the news. However I get enough courage to tell her and surprisingly she accepted it with a positive attitude and willing to stay with me. She is tested negative.

I hope somebody can share with me their info.

Well I would love a friend as I have been in the closet for to long !!!Like I'm the only one on the planet with (H),Would feel much better to have a friend that understands ,and is on the same planet,I am 50,have kids,only one in house,would like to talk Friendly !!!! a women,a man,anyone !!!! I am single have been for a long time !!!but I am a happy person on the most part,Im a Jersey girl,moved to Up St NY ,been here 8 years,I wish I would of found something like this a LONG TIME AGO!!! Oh I would need someone to LOL at my spelling,and be pation with my bad pc skills,:) ok Peace Out

Hi, I'm a divorced single male 62 living in Raleigh, NC. I got H from a partner about 4 years ago. Have dated both H and non-H partners and have had "the talk" numerous times. Had one girl leap off my sofa like her hair was on fire and say "I gotta go". Have had others accept it, but its still always something I dread doing, I'm batting about 75% rejection so far. H has certainly affected my self confidence about dating. I'd be happy to talk with anyone male or female, just message me.

Hey everyone, I am 32 and live in Oregon. Would love to chat back and forth with someone or lots of people! You don't have to live in Oregon but I would be open to meeting up with possibly meeting up with someone for coffee, lunch ect... Kinda want to feel less isolated with this whole thing. Only one person in my life knows about H other than the people I have disclosed to and who ran for the hills. I have had it since I was 23 but was in a long term relationship much of that time. Feel free to message me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there guys n gals! I'm 22 found out I had hsv2 about 7 months ago. I live in saint Louis MO I'm in need of a buddy!! Doesn't matter the gender, I'm a pretty outgoing person. Just wanna talk to someone about what we have and maybe learn to be more optimistic about living with it. I also have no problem giving advice or just shutting up and listening! Inbox me!!!

I am new to all of this I would love to have someone to bounce questions off of. I feel like I'd like answers from a woman who has gone through the same things;) I have like 100 random questions lol! If we are in the same boat we may as well connect right:). I'm happy to offer beauty tips or jokes in the meantime:) lol

I am 25 from South Jersey. I was just diagnosed. I don't know if it hasn't hit me or if I am accepting but I am surprisingly calm, I guess this is what is freaking me out the most. As of this moment, I am in touch with how the choices that I have made have left me where I am today. I guess my biggest fear is how this will effect my future... and who will want me. I have been single for quit some time now and I live alone. It was getting to the point where I was finally starting to think about settling down with someone... and now this. Where do i go from here?

Hey guys! I'm 19 and from the Midwest. I'm looking for an H buddy as well. I'm pretty new to this, about two months in. But I'm hear to listen and I am looking for someone to listen to me as well. Age and gender don't matter, just lookin for someone to talk to! Feel free to inbox me :)

Hey everyone! I posted a while back when I was diagnosed back in November, but I'm back on the forum and would love to find a buddy in the Tri-state area. I'm a 22 year old female and recent college graduate. I've gone through a lot of ups and downs since my diagnosis, but I could be a positive support for someone and could use support myself.

Hi, I was diagnosed about 6 yrs ago, I'm 42 and have a boyfriend. I was locked up tight in the closet until about 2 yrs ago when I got a physical handle on it, but the emotional handling is not so easy in coming... I have still not disclosed to anyone other than boyfriend. Also, very interested in talking to someone else who has gone thru relationship and dating issues with h.

I am a good cheerleader, but try to give sincere and thoughtful advice when I can.

I hope to be supportive and find support. I'm in the Los Angeles area--would also love to find a buddy to just talk or email. Male and female perspectives would be great! I look forward to talking with you! :)

Hello, I think the Idea of a buddy is a great idea. I was only diagnosed about 2 weeks ago so I am new to this and may not have much advice to offer but I am a good listener. I am here to give and take support. And as much as I am just beginning to deal with this I still think I can be there for someone no matter what. I am a 20 year old, female, college student. I attend school in the Greensboro area of North Carolina and I would love an H Buddy male ore female who is looking for support and also willing to give support. So anyone who wants to contact me go ahead.

Hi guys and girls!! Im a 20 yr old black female, live in St. Louis, MO and I would love to have someone to be able to talk to and listen to. I just found out about 3 weeks ago and I think I'm doing better than expected thanks to this forum. I'm big on cafés and lunch dates if you are in my city but im very much open to net and phone buddies. Again I'm looking for a buddy who can be my uplifting guide as much as I can be there's. feel free to inbox me :) :) :)

Hi everyone. This is all new to me. My doctor gave me the news about 3 weeks ago now based on a physical exam. I've not had confirmation by a blood or swab test.

I'm a wreck. All so much to handle and I feel so alone. Hoping to get or give support through this.

I'm a female in my mid forties and live in Atlantic Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone.

I am very new to this, diagnosed with HSV-2 about 3 weeks ago. I am still going through a lot of sadness and not feeling motivated at all. I'm 21 years old. Found out just days before my birthday, talk about a buzz kill. Though I have confided in three of my closest best friends/family/basically sisters. One was even in the room with me when I found out. I need a buddy, someone I can lean on a little and they can lean on me as much as they need to! I live in Southern California, though being pen pals is wonderful. We can text or Skype, regardless of our communication method, just a kind word and confidence boost is all received the same way. This forum has already helped me in my new journey, and I am eternally grateful to be a part of it and moving in a healthy direction. Feel free to inbox me anytime.

• 2 weeks later...

Salutations brothers and sisters!

I am a hyper-healthy male who has been living with this skin condition for more than four years. I am not gonna lie, It's been a roller coaster with its ups and downs.

Now I am in the top of the hill and I look down to all that misinformed mob that stigmatized people like us. I find their lack of knowledge disturbing (you just read that with Darth Vader's voice)

I am not here to ask for help, I came here to give away all the positive energy I have been collecting along the way. I have an energy field around me, it's indestructible, it's highly positive and if you join "the force" it will make you invincible.

When I was first diagnosed I was in need. I was alone and afraid. I wish I had some one who writes positive (and silly) posts like the one I am writing right now. I wish I had anyone going through the same, telling me "no worries buddy, it gets better"

Well, its payback time! I can be that guy for you! I am from Spain, sadly, there is not much support for us Spaniards. I guess the HSV infection rate here is lower than in US.

That's why I am here! for my hermanos y hermanas, although if you are from other country feel free to contact me any time!